• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Anging's too good for 'im..."

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    MacD's claim of sourcing quality beef is one thing, but the additives in the rest of their products, such as buns and processed cheese, are pretty disturbing.

I'd also be interested in the animal feed makeup and injection program and the reliability of the traceability data of meat in a meat market.

I'm not saying they are doing anything wrong per se, but I'm a little sceptical about what they show in relation to what they are not showing, such as omitting to mention the use of antibiotics in feeds, for instance (especially grain fed cattle in the USA).

Personally, knocking one out using your own beef patty is my form of entertainment...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Damn right! Glad somebody finally came up with an unbiased source of facts.
    If they are lying, get trading standards onto 'em.

There are laws about this sort of thing you know. I expect McD's (with all of the media attention they suffer) probably don't put actual lies on their website.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Urban Myths and centuries-old schoolyard cack, I'm afraid.

Meat's cheap; McD buys by the 1000 tonne; there's no need to piddle around with dead Alsations, etc:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Sorry.
    Damn right! Glad somebody finally came up with an unbiased source of facts.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Gosh.
    More like

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I wonder what made the health authorities first suspect Maggot Pete?
    Er..... his name?

Leave a comment:

• derbyshire
    replied
    hello

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
    I wonder what made the health authorities first suspect Maggot Pete?
    i was on trail for 3 months regarding this matter,so if you want to chat drop me a message

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Urban Myths and centuries-old schoolyard cack, I'm afraid.

Meat's cheap; McD buys by the 1000 tonne; there's no need to piddle around with dead Alsations, etc:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Sorry.
    Last edited by richard-af; 23 August 2007, 13:08.

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    McDonalds don't even bother to encase their food in jelly either...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    The jury's out, but the cut-and-paste police found this:
    http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=565122007
    "In 2006 scientists testing foods for fat, salt and sugar levels found pet foods to be healthier than many fast food brands on the high street. Thirty human meals, including McDonald's Big Mac and KFC chicken, were compared to 15 pet foods. The human foods fell into the unhealthy red category and the animal fodder into the green or amber bands under the Food Standards Agency's traffic light labelling scheme."
    http://www.jimmeruk.com/jim-reports/...dogfood-2.html
    "all meat is categorised by the quality of the carcasses used. Top grade is A, the worst is E. Pet food sits, somewhat unsurprisingly at D, but get this... McDonalds meat is category E."

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Harrysp View Post
    Have a read and then tell me what you think

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/r...s.html#anchor4

McDonald’s is using good quality meat, from British farms and good quality cuts of meat. No lips, eyes or ears, simply the forequarters of beef.

Not that I would eat At Mac D's
    They source meat from all over.Three years ago McDonalds were soucing meat from the same place as the pet food company, sometimes the meat used in pet food is fit for human consumption but it's the lowest grade. You can chose not to believe that MacDonalds buy that kind of meat, but you would be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• King Cnvt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    A friend works for the makers of Pedigree chum, they often have to compete with McDonalds when purchasing their low quality meat. Yum
    Yeah right.

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    Oh yes, all their meat comes from those farms in the ads
    Have a read and then tell me what you think

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/r...s.html#anchor4

McDonald’s is using good quality meat, from British farms and good quality cuts of meat. No lips, eyes or ears, simply the forequarters of beef.

Not that I would eat At Mac D's

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    72 you think he could have retired by now. Maybe that's what he was doing in Cyprus, he wasn't on the run, just retired.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    Crap! McD have their own farms, etc.
    Oh yes, all their meat comes from those farms in the ads

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    A friend works for the makers of Pedigree chum, they often have to compete with McDonalds when purchasing their low quality meat. Yum
    Crap! McD have their own farms, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X