• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'Anging's too good for 'im...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    A friend works for the makers of Pedigree chum, they often have to compete with McDonalds when purchasing their low quality meat. Yum
    Yeah right.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrysp View Post
      Have a read and then tell me what you think

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/r...s.html#anchor4

McDonald’s is using good quality meat, from British farms and good quality cuts of meat. No lips, eyes or ears, simply the forequarters of beef.

Not that I would eat At Mac D's
      They source meat from all over.Three years ago McDonalds were soucing meat from the same place as the pet food company, sometimes the meat used in pet food is fit for human consumption but it's the lowest grade. You can chose not to believe that MacDonalds buy that kind of meat, but you would be wrong.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The jury's out, but the cut-and-paste police found this:
        http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=565122007
        "In 2006 scientists testing foods for fat, salt and sugar levels found pet foods to be healthier than many fast food brands on the high street. Thirty human meals, including McDonald's Big Mac and KFC chicken, were compared to 15 pet foods. The human foods fell into the unhealthy red category and the animal fodder into the green or amber bands under the Food Standards Agency's traffic light labelling scheme."
        http://www.jimmeruk.com/jim-reports/...dogfood-2.html
        "all meat is categorised by the quality of the carcasses used. Top grade is A, the worst is E. Pet food sits, somewhat unsurprisingly at D, but get this... McDonalds meat is category E."

Comment

McDonalds don't even bother to encase their food in jelly either...
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Urban Myths and centuries-old schoolyard cack, I'm afraid.

Meat's cheap; McD buys by the 1000 tonne; there's no need to piddle around with dead Alsations, etc:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Sorry.
            Last edited by richard-af; 23 August 2007, 13:08.

Comment

hello

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
              I wonder what made the health authorities first suspect Maggot Pete?
              i was on trail for 3 months regarding this matter,so if you want to chat drop me a message

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                I wonder what made the health authorities first suspect Maggot Pete?
                Er..... his name?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Gosh.
                  More like
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
                    Urban Myths and centuries-old schoolyard cack, I'm afraid.

Meat's cheap; McD buys by the 1000 tonne; there's no need to piddle around with dead Alsations, etc:

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources.../Nutrition.pdf

Sorry.
                    Damn right! Glad somebody finally came up with an unbiased source of facts.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Damn right! Glad somebody finally came up with an unbiased source of facts.
                      If they are lying, get trading standards onto 'em.

There are laws about this sort of thing you know. I expect McD's (with all of the media attention they suffer) probably don't put actual lies on their website.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X