• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should multiple ID's be revealed?"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Hi atw! How's ska?

Leave a comment:

• Nina
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    that'd make it more fun, wandering around the office guessing who else is posting on CUK.. bring the witch hunt into reality i say..

You are lookin real good chef!

Leave a comment:

• yorknursey
    replied
    Originally posted by Lola View Post
    I know who you are!
    I know who you are too! And may I say, I find you hot

Leave a comment:

• Lola
    replied
    Originally posted by yorknursey View Post
    Having multiple ID's is the saddest thing I have ever heard of!

Losers!!!!

I know who you are!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Fake birds and daleks are fine - thats just funny.

Fake persona's that last a long time...thats where it gets a bit much. LIke CD, which is what we were talking about
    I agree, SA. It is a bit odd when the ones that build up their own profile then turn out to be an alternate ID.

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    Anonymity on the Internet Must be Protected
    Karina Rigby

"The society in which we live can frequently be extremely conservative, often making it dangerous to make certain statements, have certain opinions, or adopt a certain lifestyle. Anonymity is important for on line discussions involving sexual abuse, minority issues, harassment, sex lives, and many other things. Additionally, anonymity is useful for people who want to ask technical questions that they don't want to admit they don't know the answer to, report illegal activities without fear of retribution, and many other things. "

http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/6095/stu...anonymity.html

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I agree - and so does Eucriel, and Spartacus, don't you Spartacus?

Ohhhhh yes.
    I agree that I am the only member of the board, yes.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af View Post
    I think Herr Scheißenführer has finally decided to to take a hike.
    Now that really is dedication to posting - including the umlaut and ß indicates too much time on your hands

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied

Fake persona's that last a long time...thats where it gets a bit much. LIke CD, which is what we were talking about
    I think you are being a bit unfair on people with Multiple Personality Disorder, don't you think?

Or are you saying that care in the community is a bad idea?

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    I think Herr Scheißenführer has finally decided to to take a hike.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I agree - and so does Eucriel, and Spartacus, don't you Spartacus?

Ohhhhh yes.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It depends how often you use the ID. I've only used them a few times for comic effect, never to back up my own point of view, which some do. Does it really matter if someone posts as a Dalek or a fake bird or a failed SAS programmer or whatever?

Storm in a tea-cup, calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

I'll give you that - very funny

But...I think you do build up relationships with people online, and yes there are a few people on here I feel quite close to sometimes. If that makes me a tit then so be it. I couldn 't care what any of them looked like, or whether they were successful or not - just that their words were true.
    Multiple persona's can be funny (like whoeer Duder is), but can also be quite deceitful.
    It makes a mockery of bothering to speak to people dont you think? Or dont you get close to people on here? (Dont know why I bothered asking that!)
    It depends how often you use the ID. I've only used them a few times for comic effect, never to back up my own point of view, which some do. Does it really matter if someone posts as a Dalek or a fake bird or a failed SAS programmer or whatever?

Storm in a tea-cup, calm down dear!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Breaking News: It is believed people may make up personalities on the Internet, although internet realist Sally Anne from Newcastle dispels this revelation. Sparing time to break off from helping a Nigeria prince divert his seized millions Sally said "I regularly speak to some devastatingly hansom, rich, business entrepreneurs over the internet", when put to her these characters are likely to be geeky Mr Muscles, Sally Said "It's true I tell you it's true, I'll scweem and I'll scweem and i'll scweem if you say it's not so, therfore it's FACT"

More to follow

I'll give you that - very funny

But...I think you do build up relationships with people online, and yes there are a few people on here I feel quite close to sometimes. If that makes me a tit then so be it. I couldn 't care what any of them looked like, or whether they were successful or not - just that their words were true.
    Multiple persona's can be funny (like whoever Duder is), but can also be quite deceitful.
    It makes a mockery of bothering to speak to people dont you think? Or dont you get close to people on here? (Dont know why I bothered asking that!)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Yes you are right.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X