• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone on here ever been sued ?"

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    Been a plaintiff a few times. Defendant, not yet.

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    I've got some court action coming up soon regarding breaching my contract

I'm being sued for losses eep!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I havn't

but I thought it's such a hot topic at the momemt, I'd just ask.

When I was a kid the local bully threatned to knock my block off, I laughed in his face.His older brother said he would stiffen me, I laughed louder.
    Then his mum said she would sue me, I sh@t myself for a week. I didnt know what it meant , but it sounded serious.

go and hit him again

Leave a comment:

• ZZZZ Snoozer
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af
    So, what was it all about, then? Just being nosey. I won't tell anyone.
    It was a few years ago, the dispute was relating to a car leasing agreement.

Going to court was seriously scary, and I would suggest that if you can avoid it through some means then do so.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZZZ Snoozer
    I have been, it went to court but was eventually settled out of court.

The court staff (Sheriiff and his legal advisers) could not have been nicer or more helpful, which was as well as I was conducting my own "defence".
    So, what was it all about, then? Just being nosey. I won't tell anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ZZZZ Snoozer
    replied
    I havn't

When I was a kid the local bully threatned to knock my block off, I laughed in his face.His older brother said he would stiffen me, I laughed louder.
    Then his mum said she would sue me, I sh@t myself for a week. I didnt know what it meant , but it sounded serious.

I have been, it went to court but was eventually settled out of court.

The court staff (Sheriiff and his legal advisers) could not have been nicer or more helpful, which was as well as I was conducting my own "defence".

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    She had to give you your money back first though
    Careful Baggy, you nearly set off a facetiousness filter then!!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Yeah, I've been Sued. She was great!
    She had to give you your money back first though

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    please restrict this to light relief. thanks
    sp
    Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:24.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Suppose most divorced men here been sued ... e.g. Spod??

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    If a man stopped me in the street and demanded of me my watch, I should refuse to give it to him. If he threatened to take it by force, I feel I should, though not a fighting man, do my best to protect it. If, on the other hand, he should assert his intention of trying to obtain it by means of an action in any court of law, I should take it out of my pocket and hand it to him, and think I had got off cheaply.
    - Jerome K Jerome, Three Men on the Bummel, 1900

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yeah, I've been Sued. She was great!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    I havn't

very funny

and no - I haven't been sued
    Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:13.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic Anyone on here ever been sued ?

Anyone on here ever been sued ?

I havn't

Last edited by scotspine; 9 August 2007, 14:13.

Working...
X