• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Buying / Leasing a car"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom
    @sasguru: Thanks for that constructive post.
    Yes. Next!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Leasehire always seesm expensive unless it's a heavily depreciating car, or it's something cheap. IMHO buy a 1 year old used model for maximum VFM.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Any time. No problem.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Either/Or. Makes no odds really. I would have thought it makes less sense to get one through the company though as I'll be hit with a massive benefit in kind?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Basically I want a largish diesel estate for carting about all the stuff a baby needs. Within that, I'm not sure of a budget (hence the two choices). I'm just interested in if anyone would recommend leasing over buying or vice versa.
    is it private or through your Ltd Co ?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hi All,
    I'm interested in finally getting a decent car. Considering something along the lines of a Chrysler 300C Touring or maybe a BMW 530d Touring.

Does anyone have any experience of car leasing companies? Is it worth it, or would you just buy one?

Cheers...

Tom

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Basically I want a largish diesel estate for carting about all the stuff a baby needs. Within that, I'm not sure of a budget (hence the two choices). I'm just interested in if anyone would recommend leasing over buying or vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Hi All,
    I'm interested in finally getting a decent car. Considering something along the lines of a Chrysler 300C Touring or maybe a BMW 530d Touring.

Does anyone have any experience of car leasing companies? Is it worth it, or would you just buy one?

Cheers...

Tom
    Eh? your choices seem a little erratic, one is a thoroughbred that is renowned for refinement and poise the other is a yank tank built by hillbilly’s that will depreciate faster than Baghdad apartment, I'm no BMW fan but I know which I'd choose if I was buying or leasing.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Hi All,

Cheers...

Tom
    just buy, it's not worth it to either lease or buy through the company...

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    started a topic Buying / Leasing a car

Buying / Leasing a car

Hi All,

Cheers...

Tom

Working...
X