• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What was your most fun car ever?"

Collapse

• Muttley08
    replied
    I had a little red car with pedals when I was little....could chase the dogs round the garden all day....probably the most fun

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    Drove a Cobra (a real one) - got it sideways four times in the first mile. About the same time had a go in a Boss Mustang (again, a real one). 0-100 in 11 seconds on the Heathrow perimeter road, but 100-0 took a bit longer since it had cardboard brakes
    No real stang ever stopped well as it came from the factory. Not what they were made for.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Interestingly or not, the pathetic looking pug 309 was originally designed as a Talbot, peugeot kept the concept when they bought the factory.

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Did you use Threaded's time machine?
    Or maybe it was a cut-and-shut.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna
    Peugeot 209 GTI - FABULOUS.
    Did you use Threaded's time machine?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by blazzar
    My fav was a 3.2 TT, great sound, great on a long journey and the hairdressers all drove the 1.8
    Still a golf in a dress

Leave a comment:

• fzbucks
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    Cars are not fun they are dangerous unnecessary middle class toys that are proven 100% to destroy the Earth. You have been warned.
    Hello Dang65

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Fiat 500 made in the 1970ish. Fiat Ritmo in the late 70s was also a respectable hatchback. Regarding Alfas, well, if you go further in the past you find even better models but then again that was a time when an Alfa was an Alfa. 164 was good though, and so was Lancia Thema (they shared a lot of components) and Fiat Croma.
    Fiat 500 (my old back-up car) was great fun too. Narrow enough to drive on pavements, down allyways and through parks.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    Point of order - Scoobys are fun ...
    It's all relative, compared to some cars I've had it is tame ... but I love my WRX and I'm not complaining about it but loved my Evo more, and the noble, and the Exige .......... all much more fun espesh on a track.

WA

Leave a comment:

• blazzar
    replied
    My fav was a 3.2 TT, great sound, great on a long journey and the hairdressers all drove the 1.8

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by WindyAnna
    Scoobies are not really fun with a capital F but compared to, say a Rover 45, they aren't dull! ...snip...
    Point of order - Scoobys are fun, but they have so much grip you either have to be travelling insanely quickly (and with the VSC turned off in the Forester) or on something other than tarmac before it will even spin a wheel, much less slide. Mine will do a full throttle, full lock exit from a tight side turning in the dry and all that happens is a slight squeak as the inside front wheel goes light for no more than a second: the VCS light doesn't even come on before it's all back and accelerating.

Mind you, do that in the T5R and you probably wouldn't go anywhere, just generate a lot of blue smoke from the front wheels...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Easy one,

Beige Diesel Passat Estate

Milan

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    My lovely little Renaultsport Clio. Stocky and nicely quick. Looked groovy too.

The first car I bought, aged 19, was a Fiat Uno Turbo I.e. Looking back it was rubbish, but I enjoyed it at the time. It was black and I thought it was cool and it was quite brisk in a straight line. I found out how poorly it was put together when I pranged it into a Transit on a fast A road. My car folded as if it were made of papier mache...

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    Alfa Romeo GTV....

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    Scoobies are not really fun with a capital F but compared to, say a Rover 45, they aren't dull! It is the sensible car for me, reasonable size, easy to run and got isofix for the baby seat.

Peugeot 209 GTI - FABULOUS. Had a 309 GTI Goodwood a couple of years ago it was fantastic! Think Mr Windy Anna liked that better than the nob.

Still prefer the exige to the elise.

Had an AX GT years back and loved it! Also had the souped up Fiat127 in the 80s which was lucious fun - would probably scare the fek out of me now, I seem to remember the brakes did lots of things but stopping the car wasn't one of them.

Mk1 Ezzy - truly great fun, did some sprints in one and really enjoyed it!

Windy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X