• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOOMED: House Prices Projection"

Collapse

• barely_pointless
    replied
    Originally posted by brownie74

haha!

yeah, i spose it is a bit daft now i re-read it

i actually have a very good reason which i will state if it gets to negotiation. i cant reveal it here in case one of the interviewers is reading. its quality. honest.

easy peasy Brownie, this is a very common approach to getting contracts approved in OZ, the number of contract to permie roles that infest the place are increasing, I did one once and followed through, well you live and learn, never again.

Easy excuse to not going permie straight away, make a puffing noise, mention the interest rates, make another longer puffing noise, mumble something about debt stress (yeah like on 800 aud a day ) , insert another 3 second silence , a small audible whimper (not too loud , would not want to appear desperate) , then follow with a long sigh.

for the coupe de grace, finish it off with an agressive statement of needing to take care of a debtand then close the conversation.

they always fall for that been doing it for years, remember, given a basic competencey in your technical disipline, the rest of the the effort goes into the soft skills of managing the client.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    Tell them something about needing to clear a tax bill or something.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    I have heard in about 6 months a new solution will be coming to replace it

Milan.

Ahh yes, free on-the-job training.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I have heard in about 6 months a new solution will be coming to replace it

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 8 August 2007, 07:07.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    aren't we all !

there are a few here who are doing well, but the rest of us have to make ends meet the best we can

Milan.
    Well then you should have studied harder or put some more imagination into your career benesy old chap.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    aren't we all !

there are a few here who are doing well, but the rest of us have to make ends meet the best we can

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by brownie74

haha!

i actually have a very good reason which i will state if it gets to negotiation. i cant reveal it here in case one of the interviewers is reading. its quality. honest.

could say "im a bit skint like"

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    blimey,

that's a novel negotiating strategy,

'i'm planning to say i need the extra cash for 6 months for something',

I'll try that one on my Boss/Agent and see how far I get

Milan.
    haha!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    blimey,

that's a novel negotiating strategy,

'i'm planning to say i need the extra cash for 6 months for something',

I'll try that one on my Boss/Agent and see how far I get

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• brownie74
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Went for an interview today in Weybridge.

Its a perm role but I am goign to try to turn it into a contract on my terms (no frikking way am I going PAYE).

They asked me what I would want to reloacte to London.

Well about £500 a day minimum. THat should get me a bedsit somewhere.
    i'm going to try the same thing shortly at a company in sydney. without blowing my cover on here, i'm planning to say i need the extra cash for 6 months for something. i'll tell them that in 6 months i will be happy to go permie. hopefully in 6 months time i will have my feet under the table and will be able to call the shots.

what are your tactics for turning it into a contract?

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Went for an interview today in Weybridge.

Its a perm role but I am goign to try to turn it into a contract on my terms (no frikking way am I going PAYE).

They asked me what I would want to reloacte to London.

Well about £500 a day minimum. THat should get me a bedsit somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    not easily. You can spread bet on the ix though.

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    london

can you short sell london dwellings ?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic BOOMED: House Prices Projection

BOOMED: House Prices Projection

http://property.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle2204082.ece

future's bright folks

Gordon's economic miracle, rising house prices and long may it last