• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How did we miss this"

Collapse

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicky G
    Just sent the link to the BNP, hopefully it'll be front page news on their website tomorrow.
    Nicky G, you are a very naughty outpatient.

Leave a comment:

• Nicky G
    replied
    Originally posted by richard-af
    Equality is lovely, but this isn't it. Because it favours one group above another.

And this stunt is just the sort of thing that Nick Griffin and his awks love to print on their handbills.

The way of the world is that change and acceptance takes time, and discrimination, for whatever motive, is still discrimination.
    Just sent the link to the BNP, hopefully it'll be front page news on their website tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Whale oil beef hooked.

I can get any job I like now by playing the ethnicity card!!!
    Doesn't work like that I'm afraid. I have occasionally put down my ethnicity as white mixed, just to screw up their stats. Funnily enough, there's nothing to stop you putting down what you want, and if anyone ever challenged it, you can say it's your identify (and accuse them of cultural imperialism if you fancy).

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Whale oil beef hooked.

I can get any job I like now by playing the ethnicity card!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Welsh culture? Clearly you weren't on Caroline Street last Sat night.

Edit: if you were, I apologise now for my behaviour.
    thats ok.

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves
    So does that mean that if I start drinking heavily and develop a chip on my shoulder I'm as good as Irish?
    Need you ask, Seamus?

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    So does that mean that if I start drinking heavily and develop a chip on my shoulder I'm as good as Irish?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    their ethnicity is largely defined by culture / customs.
    Welsh culture? Clearly you weren't on Caroline Street last Sat night.

Edit: if you were, I apologise now for my behaviour.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves
    Besides the very notion that the Welsh or Scottish are racially/genetically distinct from the English is a romantic fallacy. The Saxons only displaced about 5% of the post-Romano Britons, there has also been substantial intermarriage for centuries. What's next? DNA tests like "Gattica" except you get jobs according to you genetic inferiority [complex].

Follow the ancient history migration timeline and you find the Northern Spanish, French, Dutch and Germans are the same tribes separated by a few centuries in migration. Cultural differences arose due to community isolation.
    Ethnicity is seen as different from race and genetic make-up. Sikhs, Jews and Gypsies are seen as distinct ethnic groups in the UK even though other groups (e.g. other Punjabis in the case of Sikhs) may be racially/genetically similar. In the case of those three groups, their ethnicity is largely defined by culture / customs.

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Besides the very notion that the Welsh or Scottish are racially/genetically distinct from the English is a romantic fallacy. The Saxons only displaced about 5% of the post-Romano Britons, there has also been substantial intermarriage for centuries. What's next? DNA tests like "Gattica" except you get jobs according to you genetic inferiority [complex].

Follow the ancient history migration timeline and you find the Northern Spanish, French, Dutch and Germans are the same tribes separated by a few centuries in migration. Cultural differences arose due to community isolation.

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    I resent being called an "ethnic minority".

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane
    I'm white Welsh. Can I have the job now?

apparently the WRU are lookin for pretty much anyone after last weekend's performance.....

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    I'm white Welsh. Can I have the job now?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Would you admit that? Even if you were.
    Meanie.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    The trick is obviously to say that you are white Welsh.
    Would you admit that? Even if you were.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X