• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you going on holiday this year?"

Collapse

• portseven
    replied
    I can also recommend The Ceilidh Place in Ullapool. Like the other place the rooms are nothing to write home about but they are clean, comfortable. But the hosts and the food are top notch, great music too.

The guest lounge is also a great place to spend a lazy day if the weather is crap.
    Last edited by portseven; 6 August 2007, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Mull next week (rough and ready RHIB diving)

Read Sea in November (luxury Tony Backhurst diving).

the variety!

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    Pleasing to see so many of you maintaining a small carbon footprint. Well done all
    That is worrying unnecessarily.

When you book a flight, the airline has already decided that the plane will be doing that journey, so just getting on it does not increase the carbon footprint at all.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Three holidays most years.

A city break mid february for the wedding anniversary (this year we went to Dubai).

An exploring holiday mid year to have a look around somewhere new (this year we had a look around Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stockholm).

A lying in the sun holiday in November or December. The Canary Islands are perfect for that.

Now that I have typed that I think about most people's lives and I am starting to feel a little guilty.

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    Off to Paris again...on an all expenses paid holiday!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Barnard's Star to watch the C beams glitter in the darkness off the Tannhauser Gate.
    I watched this again last night. Rutger Hauer is a god.

I'm going camping for a few days in September - the shores of Orion. Lots of fresh air, beer, wine and bbq (and the traditional argument as we put the tent up) - bliss.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    That place looks nice? Recommend? Tell us a bit more?!
    Yes I would go again. The location is fantastic, you couldn't find better, the food is amazing, great breakfasts and a real foodie's paradise evening meal.

The hosts are great fun, Richard is the archetypal British eccentric, laid back and great fun. The rooms are not going to win any awards but are comfortable and clean, and with view's like this place who's going to mind.

Aparently Tony Blair took his family there for a break just before he started as PM. Depending on what side of the fence you are though, that might be good or bad!

Anyway it's worth a visit, give it a go!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    Went to the Outer Hebrides last year, amazing place, stayed at www.bailenacille.com
    That place looks nice? Recommend? Tell us a bit more?!
    Last edited by Burdock; 3 August 2007, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    The Isle Isle of Syke for 10 days - ye cannae whack it.
    Went to the Outer Hebrides last year, amazing place, stayed at www.bailenacille.com

This year its a week in Cornwall in September

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    Africa at Christmas. 12p for a bottle of beer. £40 per night to stay at a tropical paradise with polite and hard-working staff. Who could ask for more?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Dubai is ace - sunshine and shopping! Bliss

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    went to Beijing - load of old cock - rubbish - big wall so what?.

Hong Kong - is something else - nice place nice people - and ChunChing Mansions is an experience!! kin'ell

never been to doo-bye but I heard you get 4 years in jail if you have a whiff of draw in your pants

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Not this year. Saving the pennies to go off to Japan next year.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    AJP, how much is the weather a deciding factor when contemplating a holiday to the Scottish isles?

My good lady wants to go to the Hebrides in September. Would a week's rain ruin the whole thing, or should I be steely and admire the rainswept brooding hills?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    The Isle Isle of Syke for 10 days - ye cannae whack it.

[/I]

Went to Isle of Skye on a Geology field trip back when I was an undergrad - had a cliff hanger experience when climbing the cullin mountain.

But enjoyed the regatta. Not sure I want to visit again though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X