• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Road tax

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Road tax"

Collapse

• XTC
    replied
    cool thanks

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "Can do it online these days IIRC. I guess the disc arrives in the post but you're on the database from day one."

I wanted to do this last time I had to buy my tax. On my form it said that I should enter a referance number which was in a certain bit of my form. However on my form, this whole section was taken up with an advert telling me that I could renew online. I called them up to see how I could renew and was told that because of this advert, I'd have to go to the post office. Joined up thinking at its best!
    You don't need the reference any more - if you provide the car details it will find the records without the reference.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Can do it online these days IIRC. I guess the disc arrives in the post but you're on the database from day one."

I wanted to do this last time I had to buy my tax. On my form it said that I should enter a referance number which was in a certain bit of my form. However on my form, this whole section was taken up with an advert telling me that I could renew online. I called them up to see how I could renew and was told that because of this advert, I'd have to go to the post office. Joined up thinking at its best!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    Can't they compound/crush your car as well these days?
    If they feel like it. Bloke I know sometimes runs the portable crusher they take around with them. He loves his work, but he is a vindictive bastard.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    minimum - one chap I know his his nads off for that.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Does 07/07 expire on 31st of july or is there a 2 week grace period after 31/7
    Yes, No, You're nicked!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Can do it online these days IIRC. I guess the disc arrives in the post but you're on the database from day one.

Edit: Every time I try to be helpful someone gets there 1st.

Ditto Ardesco's post

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    You can buy it online now. Relativly pain free and means you don't have to spend all lunch time queing with the chavs collecting their "benefit".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    I thinik if you say "tax applied for" you will get away with it. But it will still be 31st July next year - so why bother?
    I'm talking bo**ocks - ignore me. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...d.php?t=370242

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thinik if you say "tax applied for" you will get away with it. But it will still be 31st July next year - so why bother?

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied
    2 week grace period no longer applies.

see http://forums.pepipoo.com/

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Maybe.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Yes

HTH

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    started a topic Road tax

Road tax

Does 07/07 expire on 31st of july or is there a 2 week grace period after 31/7

Working...
X