• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Candidate let down

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Candidate let down"

Collapse

• snaw
    replied
    I wouldn't do that myself, but equally I've had the reverse situation happen to me with an agency - where a job they had lined me up for fell through the day before (They supplied the guys onsite themselves, so not your average gig. And it was in NYC). I took my foot off the accelarator and stopped looking and lost all my momentum.

Kind of learned my lesson with agents on that one. And as you mentioned, all the signs were there for me to read also, if I'd been a little more suspiscious.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LazyFan
    While I feel you have been done, obviously mislead and admitted your agency should have followed up better, may I enquire if you also use these "tricks" to also avoid contractors who want to know what's up with the gig?

Meaning are you tricksy by a nature or one of those nice upfront mythical agents we keep hearing about?

Also, what are some of these elite skills he had, maybe another person on here could fill your role and save the day
    We are pretty good at telling contractors what has happened. Sometimes they want more information than we have and we will eventually avoid them if they keep pestering us for feedback- "sorry the client found someone better". If we know the reasons then we tell them, though if they have hygiene/personality problems (only a few), such as "know alls" who bu***hit then we will tell them that someone else better got the job, rather than be blunt with them, particularly as it may not actually be fair for a client to make such judgements; I dont like hurting feelings.
    I do not employ the stereotype recruitment agent though we can be pretty ruthless if we need to be, though usually in competing with other agencies (persuading the contractor to use us) rather than getting up to some of the tricks employed by the likes of CP.

as for the unique skills I mentioned them elsewhere SAP and german speaking, but I think that the client has found a solution to the problem (probably a Turkish software house)

But then again you only have my word for all this

Leave a comment:

• LazyFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    in the end we tricked our way through to getting hold of him..
    While I feel you have been done, obviously mislead and admitted your agency should have followed up better, may I enquire if you also use these "tricks" to also avoid contractors who want to know what's up with the gig?

Meaning are you tricksy by a nature or one of those nice upfront mythical agents we keep hearing about?

Also, what are some of these elite skills he had, maybe another person on here could fill your role and save the day

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    Hi Pondlife,

yes it's getting scary now, looks like we will get what we wanted / asked for

Of course it all takes time, it's not like buying a television, things are moving in a positive direction which is scary.

Ahh well, there are worse problems to have.

Milan.
    Do you mind Milan? Can you carry on elsewhere? this thread is for "feeling sorry for DA" people only

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Hi Pondlife,

yes it's getting scary now, looks like we will get what we wanted / asked for

Of course it all takes time, it's not like buying a television, things are moving in a positive direction which is scary.

Ahh well, there are worse problems to have.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    They still going? Didn't think anyone used that these days.
    It is not for AG themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    SAP, speaks German and it is in Reading
    They still going? Didn't think anyone used that these days.

Edit: Hello MB. Any progress?
    Last edited by Pondlife; 2 August 2007, 11:02.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    ************** Moderation *****************

There Is An Unwritten Rule In The Forum That We Do
    Not Discuss Anything About Sap Contracting

If You Are A Sap Contractor And You Want Things To
    Stay As They Are Keep Your Mouth Shut And Riff Raff
    Out

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Red 7
    'Sap' is quite appropriate considering the guys behavior.

Sounds to me like he has no balls whatsoever. Not even a phone call to say "I've bottled it"/"Leaving Permiedom scares me"/"Employer doubled my salary" etc... ?

What a Knob.

I'm sure your new 'resourcer' would like to have words with him.
    Give me a tried and tested, margin wringing, hard nosed contractor any day.
    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 2 August 2007, 11:00.

Leave a comment:

• Red 7
    replied
    'Sap' is quite appropriate considering the guys behavior.

Sounds to me like he has no balls whatsoever. Not even a phone call to say "I've bottled it"/"Leaving Permiedom scares me"/"Employer doubled my salary" etc... ?

What a Knob.

I'm sure your new 'resourcer' would like to have words with him.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied

Hallo, bin ich ein Experte im SAP. Ehrlich!

Leave a comment:

• richard-af
    replied
    Hande Hoch
    1 The bunker
    Somme unde vater
    Reading

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    DA,

'and my account manager (now resourcer).',

that's a bit harsh isn't it ?

I guess he will leave soon.

Glad I don't ever contract to Noddy SME's what a nightmare it must be with decisions and actions like this.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• WindyAnna
    replied
    What sort of SAP work?

Windy

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I know Software AG. Is that close enough?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X