• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swimming pool discrimination"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    I'm crap at breast stroke too! Two of the chatting women Chicane referred to ovetook me the other day

But if you try and front crawl you are ostracised...it is not the 'done thing' in my pool

Ah bless you

You sound dead canny mate

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by chicane
    I was an agressive front crawler when I used to swim regularly. It's difficult not to ram into a group of five women hogging the entire width of the pool and chatting away with no awareness of what's going on around them. I'm hoping that you don't fit into this category.
    No I dont - I HATE those women! I spend my whole time in the pool nudging past them giving them dirty looks. I refuse to go swimming with mates for that very reason - why go to the baths to chat?!! Freaks.

Mind, I also hate the couples who neck on with each other at the side of the pool (XTC!!)

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Oh Burdock no, no, no!!! As bad as those categories are - you cant "pootle along doing breast stroke"!!!! You're a man ffs!!
    I'm crap at breast stroke too! Two of the chatting women Chicane referred to ovetook me the other day

But if you try and front crawl you are ostracised...it is not the 'done thing' in my pool

Leave a comment:

• chicane
    replied
    agressive front crawlers, who ram into you
    creepy wierdos who always seem to swim under water
    smelly old blokes.
    I was an agressive front crawler when I used to swim regularly. It's difficult not to ram into a group of five women hogging the entire width of the pool and chatting away with no awareness of what's going on around them. I'm hoping that you don't fit into this category.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    outrageous SA! I fit into none of those categories. I pootle along doing a very sedate breast stroke, and trying *not* to look at the laydeez. Mind you, this strapping lass came in sauna the other day with her other half...was very very difficult to keep staring at the hot coals. Was grateful for the cold shower after. Hmm, maybe I should stick to mens' night

Oh Burdock no, no, no!!! As bad as those categories are - you cant "pootle along doing breast stroke"!!!! You're a man ffs!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    outrageous SA! I fit into none of those categories. I pootle along doing a very sedate breast stroke, and trying *not* to look at the laydeez. Mind you, this strapping lass came in sauna the other day with her other half...was very very difficult to keep staring at the hot coals. Was grateful for the cold shower after. Hmm, maybe I should stick to mens' night
    I fit into 2 of SA's categories ....but I'm no weirdo.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    smelly old blokes.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    I've always gone swimming, and every pool I've ever been into has had 2 women-only nights per week. Some have had 2 men-only nights too, but most have had the rest unisex.
    3 women-only nights seem a bit much, but thats obviously your area - obviously more women are swimming than men.

Its got feck all to do with muslims though - most lasses dont like swimming with blokes. Blokes fit into 3 types in swimming pools: -

smelly old blokes.
    Ok fine it's nothing to do with Muslim women then. I jumped to a massive conclusion.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    has nobody considered that it's actually a life-saving class, and they are practising saving bricks in their jim-jams?

you'll be grateful when you fall into difficulties in a waterway in a predominantly Muslim area

A sort of Bollywood Baywatch (well, for those of Pakistani origin).

Leave a comment:

• barely_pointless
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Just get a bunch of lads to wander down to the swimming pool and crowd round the windows cheering every ladies swimming night then. they'll soo stop using them and as the pool is getting know money they will be abolished.

Job done!

Just what I was thinking, get Mailman and 2uk to nip down in their speedo budgie smugglers, gape at the window and perhaps as a coupe de grace, crack one off........ job done , and if they have problems afterwards, they can always plead insanity and use this board as evidence of their long term acute and persistant condition

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Well whats the point of ladies only swimming nights if they are all wearing PJs ?
    It's like a wet T-shirt contest for the Muslim men. Better than when they're wearing burkas, I s'pose.
    Hmmm Plan B - charge the Muslim men to watch!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Yes it is, it's virtually 100% Muslim women that go on these women only nights. In fact non-muslim women have stopped going on these womens only nights because they feel initimidated. Other women can't go because they are not allowed to take their young male children and couples can't go. All so some minority group won't be offended. And no the PJ's are exactly what I said they are. They are not figure hugging and certainly are not made of lycra or neoprene with zero (in fact negative) flotation. You might be thinking of the new Hijabkini, but still this has a massive amount of drag.

We can turn this into some big religious debate, but at the end of the day the pool I go to at some point was a unisex 24/7, it now has 3 women only nights 2 men only nights, 1 scuba night and 1 unisex night. As far as I can see this has come about because Muslim women don't want to swim with men, they called for women only nights and to appease men they now have men only nights. One night a week I can now swim in the same pool as my gf...
    I've always gone swimming, and every pool I've ever been into has had 2 women-only nights per week. Some have had 2 men-only nights too, but most have had the rest unisex.
    3 women-only nights seem a bit much, but thats obviously your area - obviously more women are swimming than men.

Its got feck all to do with muslims though - most lasses dont like swimming with blokes. Blokes fit into 3 types in swimming pools: -

smelly old blokes.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    What's the point if they're all wearing PJs?
    Well whats the point of ladies only swimming nights if they are all wearing PJs ?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    What's the point if they're all wearing PJs?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Just get a bunch of lads to wander down to the swimming pool and crowd round the windows cheering every ladies swimming night then. they'll soo stop using them and as the pool is getting know money they will be abolished.

Job done!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X