• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did Anyone See On the News Last Night"

Collapse

• Pickle2
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    What would Tony have done in that situation ?
    One of these?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    What would Tony have done in that situation ?

infact what would the rest of us have done in that situation ?

You gotta see the funny side, Dubya went up in my estimations after that one

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied

Gordo didn't know what to do for the best
    He should of taken a leaf out of JPs book and tw4ted the stupid cowboy clown in the chops.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    I can sympathise with him to some extent,

he sat in the golf cart comfortably, wasn't holding on to anything, and then Dubya puts his foot down and spins it round (you gotta see the funny side) with a big grin on his face

Gordo didn't know what to do for the best, if he had uncharismatically grabbed hold of the windscreen pillar he would have been ridiculed and if he had fallen out he would have been a laughing stock

the only thing he could do was to concentrate hard, grit his teath and try to use his bulk to maintain his center of gravity and balance

it was a lose-lose situation for him and if I'd have been him I would have been a tad pee'd off

still it was funny to watch

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Blair would have carried that off with ease, Brown looked like he was having a tooth pulled

Leave a comment:

• ZZZZ Snoozer
    replied
    Gordo's face when Dubya spun the golfing cart around in front of the journalists ?

Oh dear.

Milan.
    Brown looked a lot older than Dubya, although in actuality he's 3 or 4 years younger. (I won't insult Bush senior by saying that Brown looked like Dubya's dad).

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I still expect to see Blair whenever they say 'the Prime Minister' in the news.

Brown just doesn't look, well prime ministerial!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    The only redeeming feature of Bush is his inclination to be silly.
    I agree. Those press conferences won't be the same without him. I like it when he pauses mid-sentence and says something like 'hey, we're the good guys here fighting evil'. Plus he has a good rapport with the press. Makes all his media appearances fun to watch at least. Imagine how dry they'd be with Hilary.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The only redeeming feature of Bush is his inclination to be silly.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    He ws actually clinging on for dear life.....
    ...and onto his glass eye

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    He ws actually clinging on for dear life.....

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic Did Anyone See On the News Last Night

Did Anyone See On the News Last Night

Gordo's face when Dubya spun the golfing cart around in front of the journalists ?

Oh dear.

Milan.

Working...
X