• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "British Film Forever"

Collapse

• richard-af
    replied
    Get Carter. I win.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    "Lock, Stock & two smoking barrels"
    "Snatch"
    "Withnail & I"
    "Quatermass and the Pit"

. . . and for that wet Sunday afternoon; any St. Trinians/Ealing comedies/Carry On (except the dreadful 1492 one).

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    you can get the whole will hay collection from ebay for about a fiver now they are out of copyright

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Also....

The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp - another Powell/Pressburger production.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    don't forget hobson's choice

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ipcress is/was on tonight/last night/sometime soon.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut
    Hmmmmmmm...

Britt Ekland seduction dance....

Hmmmmm...
    Poor old Britt. Having both her voice and her arse cut out of the film.

I thought "A matter of life and death" was all a bit overblown and ultimately a bit boring.

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    The Wicker Man (orginal).

It's coming to cinemas soon as part of the British Film Festival.
    Hmmmmmmm...

Britt Ekland seduction dance....

Hmmmmm...

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    The Wicker Man (orginal).

It's coming to cinemas soon as part of the British Film Festival.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Classic British

Ealing comedies

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    People tend to forget Powell & Pressburger's "A Matter of Life And Death" .. the one where David Niven gets shot down in WW2 and goes to heaven and tries to cheat death and return to the world by undergoing a jury trial with the aid of a 17th centuary French man lawyer who had been guilitened (beheaded). Not sure if could classify as Brit flick though ...

4 weddings and a funeral was tulipe,

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    Hell Drivers
    You mean this?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Hell Drivers

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Aye,he came across as really scary in another film that was mentioned - 10 Rillington Place.

Looks like I'm not the movie buff I thought seeing as these movies were not even on my 'must see list'.

Will take the collective opinions on board and search them out.

P.S. There's always room for big popcorn flicks like Transformers (saw it tonight - weak plot, amazing effects).

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    What a rotter that Dickie Attenborough was.
    Chelsea director. Say no more. I enjoyed it when he was shot in The Great Escape.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X