• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Computer People

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Computer People"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Not CP related but one of the PR muppets at a previous client did similar.

Problem was that there was broken Exchange Server out there that couldn't handle the size of the CC field and promptly started spamming every address on the list with multiple copies of the original mail, all off which appeared to originate from my clients mail system. By the time we had tracked down the offending server and contacted the owners we were being swamped in complaints. When we did get to talk to the owners the response was

"Oh, we were wondering if there was a problem, our email has been slow for a while now but our IT support guy is on holiday in the Gambia for 3 weeks. Can we get him to call you when he gets back?"

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    She's a lying cow. They did this to me a couple of years ago and promised an iminent system upgerade blah blah blah. Report them for breaching the DPA

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin
    Suffice to say I didn't bother in the end. Had read stories about CP here before but thought surely they aren't all that bad???
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    did it cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth?
    Oh yes. Especially amongst the call centre staff where a 1K difference in annual salary meant 10%.

I also came to the conclusion that day that, other than the directors, I took home more than anyone else there (and the rate was CR4P!). A month later they offered me a perm position and it was a real choke into your coffee moment.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You remember the Microsoft ads with the people wearing dinosaur heads? One of them was about a dino sending the salary details of every employee to everyone in the company and the new MS software was supposed to stop that kind of thing... Yeah sure.. noone could be that stupid, right?

Well, one of the HR muppets actually did this at my last client!
    I worked with someone who got a list of everyone's salary and put against each what he thought they were worth (the ide being that he was most underpaid). printed it out and forgot.

made him very popular.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    You remember the Microsoft ads with the people wearing dinosaur heads? One of them was about a dino sending the salary details of every employee to everyone in the company and the new MS software was supposed to stop that kind of thing... Yeah sure.. noone could be that stupid, right?

did it cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Another email faux pas

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    dont pimps stick together? gosh it is dog eat dog isn't it...
    There is no honour amongst pimps.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    Old Greg , and this is not ?
    Interesting qusetion. Maybe - but that has no bearing on what the pimp did.

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    Sarah, is that you?
    Yes it is me. And you are not getting anymore work from CP

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    It is computer people so pile in
    dont pimps stick together? gosh it is dog eat dog isn't it...

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
    could you postthe email addresses on here please? obviously remove your own...
    Old Greg , and this is not ?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    So 460 got an email by mistake ,What is the big deal ? All of us receive about that volume in spam a week. Leave Sarah alone.
    It is computer people so pile in

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    Originally posted by 2uk
    So 460 got an email by mistake ,What is the big deal ? All of us receive about that volume in spam a week. Leave Sarah alone.

Sarah, is that you?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    could you postthe email addresses on here please? obviously remove your own...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X