• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Java jobs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Java jobs"

Collapse

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp
    It's all the .Net projects being ported to Java
    That's actually exactly what's happening at my current client site. Only one more .NET developer left who's basically employed in a hand-over capacity.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    I've got one

Ah well done! Bravo!!

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    What was that smile for?

You got yourself one of them? or do you think £500 is a peasants wage?
    I've got one

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just finishing up in York, and then I might be learning JAVA and .net by the sounds of it!

How goes it with you mate? You found another cushy gig yet?
    Good stuff...i guess OAF and BEPL is the way to go for us..just came back from a nice little vacation...might get on a cushy soon..hopefully

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by aj1977
    hey SA! what are u upto thesedays?
    Just finishing up in York, and then I might be learning JAVA and .net by the sounds of it!

How goes it with you mate? You found another cushy gig yet?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What was that smile for?

hey SA! what are u upto thesedays?

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    The closest I get to knowedge management is trying to remember where I left my .Net for dummies book.

toot toot... all aboard the .Net gravy train
    Indeed. Have we done enough on this thread about .net yet? I'm a little tired today

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    Ooh - knowledge management... I'll have to get myself on a course to supplement my wide .net skills. Ta.

The closest I get to knowedge management is trying to remember where I left my .Net for dummies book.

toot toot... all aboard the .Net gravy train

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    .net is the future.

so is knowledge managerment. ask Milan.
    Ooh - knowledge management... I'll have to get myself on a course to supplement my wide .net skills. Ta.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob

What was that smile for?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    These seem to be paying really well at the moment - there's a load for £500ish on Jobserve.

Are the kids not learning this in Uni anymore? java developers used to be 10 a penny!

.net is the future.

so is knowledge managerment. ask Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    These seem to be paying really well at the moment - there's a load for £500ish on Jobserve.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Lets hope thay don't find traces of sauerkraut on any of the pages then.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6263922.stm

SAP has admitted its TomorrowNow unit carried out "inappropriate downloads" of documents from its rival Oracle, but said SAP had not accessed the material.
    It's just silly - it's not like anyone with access to IBM or PWC can't get both sides docs anyway... never mind anyone who's worked at either of the places. Ellison's gang are being petty.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorba
    "I did not have reading with that documentation..." (in an American Presidential twang)

Lets hope thay don't find traces of sauerkraut on any of the pages then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X