• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to cope with a hangover?"

Collapse

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by Causus Deli
    You withdraw from the alcohol slowly, keep it topped up and don't let it fall too quickly.

So I need to maybe take a half pint to the meeting and sip slowly??????

Don't do halves.....

Leave a comment:

• Causus Deli
    replied
    You withdraw from the alcohol slowly, keep it topped up and don't let it fall too quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    I used to play rugby in Germany when I worked out there. I played with a few US Army boyz and one of them was a medic who used to give hungover folk saline/glucose drips which worked a treat.
    Bleh yankies always have to go over the top don't they. Can't be bothered to drink the water and let thier body process it hey....

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by XTC
    I used to play rugby in Germany when I worked out there. I played with a few US Army boyz and one of them was a medic who used to give hungover folk saline/glucose drips which worked a treat.

Sounds good but will stick out like a sore thumb at my meeting.....

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by Let-Me-In
    I don't think I am in any position to be held responsible today. I should not play with anything sharp or volatile...or even partly volatile...or flammable..
    Alas, I think you may have passed this point already. Since you currently have an @rse like the back end of the Batmobile, there's a fair chance unintentional pee combustion may be out of your hands, so to speak.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by Chugnut
    Difficult to tell, throw a match on it. If you singe your eyebrows, you drank too much and need to go to hospital.

I don't think I am in any position to be held responsible today. I should not play with anything sharp or volatile...or even partly volatile...or flammable..

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    I think mine still has a head on it...kind of yellow and frothy...is that bad?
    Difficult to tell, throw a match on it. If you singe your eyebrows, you drank too much and need to go to hospital.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    On a scale of water to Guinnes you should be pissing frascati or chardonnay.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    You need at least another 4 pints of water methinks

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Holland & Barret do a good multi vitamin called super1, helps slightly.

Leave a comment:

• Let-Me-In
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    I find that the best thing is to get your vitimans out!!

If you can remember to take a vitiman C pill and a multi vitiman pill and drink at least 2 pints of water just before you pass out in bed you normally feel pretty good in the morning (or at least I do). Most of the hangover is dehydration, you can check by seeing what colour your urine is.

If it's really dark you need more water.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    you can check by seeing what colour your urine is.
    mmmm - we've covered some lovely topics this morning

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I find that the best thing is to get your vitimans out!!

If you can remember to take a vitiman C pill and a multi vitiman pill and drink at least 2 pints of water just before you pass out in bed you normally feel pretty good in the morning (or at least I do). Most of the hangover is dehydration, you can check by seeing what colour your urine is.

If it's really dark you need more water.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    I've often wondered how much money people would be prepared to pay for a magic 'hangover cure' pill that would automatically make them feel normal again.
    I think somewhere in the region of £20-50 is reasonable? Anymore, and I'd rough it out. Actually, some mothers-of-all-hangovers may justify a bit more...
    There is a pill available - it metabolises the alcohol in your body quickly. Oh hang on, wait, that's an "instance mother of all hangover" pills!

Personally, I find another bottle of wine in the morning takes away the pain again.

Hah, a woman newsreader on LBC has just said "Master Bater" instead of "Master Brewer" roundabout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X