• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Public Service Announcement for 02 UK Customers"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    We've thought of that. We're going to smuggle ourselves in by dingy near Clovelly. Pity it's too far to take in a pre-season friendly at Plainmoor! Are Internazionale Bude any good?
    They have a higher UEFA ranking than Torquay anyway!!

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Only if you get through border control!!
    We've thought of that. We're going to smuggle ourselves in by dingy near Clovelly. Pity it's too far to take in a pre-season friendly at Plainmoor! Are Internazionale Bude any good?

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Remember also that when a UK person phones your UK mobile abroad, the caller AND the receiver pay mental rates to the UK telecoms company.

The UK, home of the fleeced customer.
    Not really. The caller pays their standard charge for a to mobile call - which may or may not be mental of course.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Remember also that when a UK person phones your UK mobile abroad, the caller AND the receiver pay mental rates to the UK telecoms company.

The UK, home of the fleeced customer.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    I go to Phucket in 3 weeks and just phoned O2 to find out about international calling. Phuket to UK costs £1.70 per min but as i spend of £35 a month on bill it is automatically reduced to £1.20 per min and 99p for incoming calls.

Think i might look out for a local Sim card once i'm out there.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB

If you leave by road via Plymouth the Cornish charge you to get out as well
    Well nobody minds paying to get out. The bleeding Welsh charge you to get IN!! How unfair is that??

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy

Nah thats Cornwall. Devon will let in any old riff raff

If you leave by road via Plymouth the Cornish charge you to get out as well

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Hooray!

I'm off to Devon in August!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Makes me laugh, costs in the UK.

When in Cyprus I use a Cyprus SIM (pay-as-you-go). Costs me £10 for the SIM.

I can call the UK for about 10p a minute (inc all mobiles) and anyone calling me costs me nothing.

Rip off Britain.
    My Dad has 2 phones on contract in Spain and it cost him less than 20 Euro a month for both, its so cheap he just gives one to whoever is visiting at the time so they don't have to waste money using their expensive UK phones.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied

I can call the UK for about 10p a minute (inc all mobiles) and anyone calling me costs me nothing.

Rip off Britain.
    Yeah, I'd do the same but I need to have my UK number for the business really.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Rip off Britain.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by kirk
    Just a public service announcement from me for all of you with an O2 mobile travelling in Europe this summer (rather than staying and sampling the delights of the lovely British climate).

If you dial 2266 on your mobile and register (for free) to O2 European, you get massively reduced rates (60%) for incoming and outgoing calls when in most of Europe.

Calls to the UK are reduced to 35p/per min (from 85p/per min) and received calls are reduced to 35p/per min (from 94p/per min). From 20th July received calls are reduced further to 28p/per min.

More information at http://o2roaming.co.uk/paymonthly/indexFlash.html
    I trust they're charging 50 quid a minute to phone 2266?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    What they usually charge is outrageous, I went to Dublin for a weekend and used my phone no more than usual and my normal £35 bill leapt to over £50 that month, and I don't want to talk about what I was charged for a week's use in Italy.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Hooray!

I'm off to Devon in August!

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    yeah, sorry I should have put that in the original post. I registered yesterday and I've not had the SMS to confirm the savings have been applied yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X