• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Apple iPhone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apple iPhone"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Apple have opened it up to allow developers to work on it.

Too little, too late, still sh1te.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    50 Reasons not to but an iPhone

Final nail in the coffin:

http://tinyurl.com/3a38oy

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    replied
    I was so looking forward to the iPhone, but not being able to send multiple SMSs? No copy & pasting of text? Bulk email issues? One thing I hate about these devices is that if they can't do the basic things that my D900 'fashion phone' can do, then they are poop.

Still, I like O2's unlimited data and WIFI tariffs with the iPhone, and it could be that Apple fix all these issues with software updates.

I was looking at the Blackberry but I don't see its ability to handle HTML email anywhere! Also the UI sucks.

One thing is for sure, I need to get off Vodafone and move to O2. Has anybody else noticed how Vodafone signal strength / coverage is getting worse and worse, while people on O2 can get a signal almost anywhere, or is it just me?

P

P

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
    Think the original link I meant to post was actually this one:

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...phone-en.shtml

In anycase I think you get the idea.
    The other one did for me - a mobile that doesn't do SMS properly doesn't count as a phone as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Think the original link I meant to post was actually this one:

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...phone-en.shtml

In anycase I think you get the idea.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There was a fairly scathing appraisal of the iPhone in today's Guardian. Put me off completely, so much so that I'm considering just getting a business SIM card and sticking it in an old phone.

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    I'm currently trying to convince my secretary that I really do need a HTC 4550.

who wants an i-Phone - I want one that does it all - not half a job

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
    Email, SMS, software, hardware, you name it...still, it is pretty.

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...e-sms-en.shtml

I'm still waiting to see what SE has managed with the W960.
    That review was great - I'll see what version two / three / four has to offer. Crap SMS handling puts me right off (plus the idea that when a new message arrives, it shows the first couple of lines on screen, which could be embarrassing!)

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    My mates got one I think it is a cool toy but no fookin hsdpa, jeez come on, how are you going to surf the web, pick up emails etc unless you are in a wi-fi zone.

Will wait till they upgrade it to a proper scec'd fone.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    There's an element of "Emperor's new clothes" to the iPhone. Personally, I think it looks <whisper> a bit sh1te <whisper>
    Have to agree with you there.

Was in the US last week and popped into an Apple store.

Had a quick play with the iPhone and wasn't too impressed with the design.

Having said that, maybe its the user interface that blows you away - as when the iPods first came out.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I've decided not to get one. Most reviews pan the email client, and that's mostly what I use my phone (Imate win mobile at the moment) for.

I've decided to get a blackberry (curve) and possibly buy an iPod touch for video watching goodness on the plane/train.

Also, CPW are doing a blackberry curve with a free nintendo wii on a £50 tariff (about what I pay each month anyway)
    Email, SMS, software, hardware, you name it...still, it is pretty.

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...e-sms-en.shtml

I'm still waiting to see what SE has managed with the W960.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    O2, Oh No!

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    There's an element of "Emperor's new clothes" to the iPhone. Personally, I think it looks <whisper> a bit sh1te <whisper>

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I've decided not to get one. Most reviews pan the email client, and that's mostly what I use my phone (Imate win mobile at the moment) for.

I've decided to get a blackberry (curve) and possibly buy an iPod touch for video watching goodness on the plane/train.

Also, CPW are doing a blackberry curve with a free nintendo wii on a £50 tariff (about what I pay each month anyway)

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Yeah but watch all the people that were outside Northen Rock lining up again to buy this toy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X