• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
    I seems to remember the iPod Nano and iPod all had significant problems in 1.0 trim, which is another factor keeping me away from the iPhone.
    Ditto with OS X. It wasn't useable until 10.2.

That said, it has improved greatly since then.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

iPhone is available in the UK from November 9th, from O2.

Linky

Minimum tariff is 18 months at £35, but they will do that on a business tariff.

Might be tempted to get one, but £269 plus the line rental is a bit steep...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        iPhone is available in the UK from November 9th, from O2.

Linky

Minimum tariff is 18 months at £35, but they will do that on a business tariff.

Might be tempted to get one, but £269 plus the line rental is a bit steep...
        Yeah, saw this in the news earlier.

Have decided to give it a miss.

It's a nice device, but at £269 + £630 (£35 x 18) = £899 .A tad steep for what it is. And that's on the cheapest tariff with only 200 incl minutes.

I'll stick with my £20/500 minutes combo thank you very much.

Comment

Yeah but watch all the people that were outside Northen Rock lining up again to buy this toy.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've decided not to get one. Most reviews pan the email client, and that's mostly what I use my phone (Imate win mobile at the moment) for.

I've decided to get a blackberry (curve) and possibly buy an iPod touch for video watching goodness on the plane/train.

Also, CPW are doing a blackberry curve with a free nintendo wii on a £50 tariff (about what I pay each month anyway)
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There's an element of "Emperor's new clothes" to the iPhone. Personally, I think it looks <whisper> a bit sh1te <whisper>
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

O2, Oh No!
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  I've decided not to get one. Most reviews pan the email client, and that's mostly what I use my phone (Imate win mobile at the moment) for.

I've decided to get a blackberry (curve) and possibly buy an iPod touch for video watching goodness on the plane/train.

Also, CPW are doing a blackberry curve with a free nintendo wii on a £50 tariff (about what I pay each month anyway)
                  Email, SMS, software, hardware, you name it...still, it is pretty.

http://www.mobile-review.com/article...e-sms-en.shtml

I'm still waiting to see what SE has managed with the W960.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    There's an element of "Emperor's new clothes" to the iPhone. Personally, I think it looks <whisper> a bit sh1te <whisper>
                    Have to agree with you there.

Was in the US last week and popped into an Apple store.

Had a quick play with the iPhone and wasn't too impressed with the design.

Having said that, maybe its the user interface that blows you away - as when the iPods first came out.

Comment

My mates got one I think it is a cool toy but no fookin hsdpa, jeez come on, how are you going to surf the web, pick up emails etc unless you are in a wi-fi zone.

Will wait till they upgrade it to a proper scec'd fone.

Comment

Working...
                      X