• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple iPhone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've missed out a number of 'essential' technologies most notably 3G. Why they chose to omit it is mystifying. There's phones out there that do everything the Iphone does & more. But it's been marketed pretty well, looks snazzy & has a good OS so I reckon it will sell.

Comment

It will sell at least 1.....to me..>!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
        It doesn't fit into any of my requirements. Which specify a basic phone at a low price.

I seems to remember the iPod Nano and iPod all had significant problems in 1.0 trim, which is another factor keeping me away from the iPhone.
        There is a bit of a manta among Apple afficionados;

Never (ever) buy rev A.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by XTC
          They've missed out a number of 'essential' technologies most notably 3G. Why they chose to omit it is mystifying. There's phones out there that do everything the Iphone does & more. But it's been marketed pretty well, looks snazzy & has a good OS so I reckon it will sell.
          I think the european flavour will have 3G. It's odd that they missed out MMS and video capture. Missed the boat there seeing as they have a whole APP dedicated to you-tube.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Have they got an agreement with any of the UK mobile services yet? Or will it just be an unlocked phone that you can stick any SIM card in and it will work?

Can't really see the point - my Nokia seems to do everything the iPhone will do, apart from not having iTunes and not being a touch screen. I still have enough problems not ringing people when I put the phone in my pocket, without needing it to be a touch screen to do something.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Have they got an agreement with any of the UK mobile services yet? Or will it just be an unlocked phone that you can stick any SIM card in and it will work?
              No, but rumour is, Vodafone will get a european wide exclusice for a couple of years.

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Can't really see the point - my Nokia seems to do everything the iPhone will do, apart from not having iTunes and not being a touch screen. I still have enough problems not ringing people when I put the phone in my pocket, without needing it to be a touch screen to do something.
              Yeah, but it does look nice and shiny.

Comment

This guy is clearly getting good use from his iPhone
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule
                  There is a bit of a manta among Apple afficionados;

Never (ever) buy rev A.
                  mantra

Comment

My company will be getting me one as soon as they're released over here.

I'm already hooked to my video iPod (spend a lot of time on the train) and would love a slightly bigger screen...which combined with t'internet is perfect.

Bravo Apple, once again!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Looks like garbage to me. iPod good, iPhone bad. New iPod with all the touchscreen goodness from the iPhone due in August.

Comment

Working...
                      X