• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK group on facebook?"

Collapse

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Read in a london paper yesterday that FaceBook is for HORRIBLE COMMON PEOPLE. Proper sorts use You-Tube.
    That Boris Johnson look-a-like from the lesser contractor forum used Youtube, so no, that can't be true.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Isn't also for people under 30?
    It's for people under 20.

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    Read in a london paper yesterday that FaceBook is for HORRIBLE COMMON PEOPLE. Proper sorts use You-Tube.
    What paper was that "wipe your arse with it" daily?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Nope, 'tis the other way round - YouTubers are the riff raff (what do you expect, it's a Murdoch co.)

Linky

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied

See! I told them you could read

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wizard1974uk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    All I get is a username and login screen from this link. Am I missing a joke or something here?
    you have to sign up to see.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Isn't also for people under 30? I read somewhere that anyone older who ventures onto it is considered a weirdo, I imagine something like a paedo gatecrashing a kiddie's tea party.
    Depends what you're doing. If you're 'stalking' all the girls then maybe yes but if you're using it to stay in touch with your mates then no.

I've got over 50 friends on facebook now, about 80% of them are real life friends and people I went to school with - we're all in our 30s

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    isn't facebook intended for friends?
    Isn't also for people under 30? I read somewhere that anyone older who ventures onto it is considered a weirdo, I imagine something like a paedo gatecrashing a kiddie's tea party.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Discussion: Gordon Brown is a ****..
    Type: Common Interest - Philosophy
    Description: For all those getting screwed by the new tax laws, for all those alcys paying more and more for their drunkeness, for all those smokers havin to pawn off jewlery for their baccy fix, and for all you drivers hoping gords would cross the road in front of you...

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Did facebook just go nuclear in the past week or so, I got bombarded by emails from mates who joined and just gave in - kind of addictive.

And wtf would anyone want to give out there personal details to CUK via facebook. Personally I'm quite happy with the warped images of you all I have running round my head - I don't want to find out that Dodgy Agent is in fact steve from bournmouth who likes gardening and has a couple of kids ...

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    do they allow ugly faces on facebook ?

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    I'm afraid of facebook, but I'd make a sock-puppet to participate in any CUK group. Or is that missing the point, somewhat?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X