• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shimano 105 question"

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    Currently Ranmore, From Horsely side over the top to Shere and back again

My legs hurt thinking about it.

I plan to include the Zig zag in a few weeks when I'm a bit stronger, so don't shoot me when I'm going through Headly
    Wimp.

Did the Nordic24 last weekend. Ended up with an over extended rotator cuff in the left shoulder, a fractured right ulna (nightstick stylee), and two broken ribs.

Then I did 2 laps in round 5 of the HotCup this Wednesday.

threaded in “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” mode.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied

I plan to include the Zig zag in a few weeks when I'm a bit stronger, so don't shoot me when I'm going through Headly
    I venture over to Ranmore sometimes, but no I won't shoot you if your passing through Headly!

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    Where is it that you go.....I do Box hill most weeks and the surrounding areas...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    no, but I know I have dyslexia, as does my son, as does my father.
    ...not forgetting, you also have LOADSAMONEY!!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Numptycorner
    Have you ever been tested for dyslexia? seriously!
    no, but I know I have dyslexia, as does my son, as does my father.

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Where is it that you go.....I do Box hill most weeks and the sounding areas...
    Have you ever been tested for dyslexia? seriously!

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Taking the cars up the Surrey hills just isn't as enjoyable
    Where is it that you go.....I do Box hill most weeks and the surrounding areas...
    Last edited by n5gooner; 22 June 2007, 09:57.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    how about pushing this gear

Big Gear

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Most hub gears can't stand the torque a good rider can put out, but this one, the Rohloff , is very strong, was especially designed for those who race mountain bikes.

You can also have it placed near the bottom bracket, g-boxx ,

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    I left my bike behind when I left school, but Sturmey-Archer rings a bell. Were they gears?

Hub gears mounted inside the hub of the rear wheel rather than the more common exposed Derailleur type.

They are still going strong if you want more info

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    Very nice!
    Gives me fanciful urges but no, mortgage first.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by timh
    I have a car, and a bicycle, and a motorcycle. And I'd really love it if someone could give me a helicopter too. Anyone?
    I have a third share in an R44 if you're interested.

Leave a comment:

• timh
    replied
    They're quicker than cars if you live in London.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Off to the pub to avoid the abuse from the bike owners!

Only joking guys of course - would really fancy a nice bike now. Some decent places to go with an MTB near me now.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    ...but no bike, 'cos they are for schoolchildren...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X