• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Classic Leaving Card Messages"

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    A big envelope full of money? Thank you! Thank you!

I once worked as a permie for a really despicable manager, he was retiring and one morning I could hear this wave of murmuring coming towards me along the open-plan office. As it neared I could discern "no", "**** off", "no", "go away". It was his leaving card, signed by his secretary only...............

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    This was back when I was a permie but when lots of us left one department one of he guys wrote on my card " would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights"

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    No, it came from a PM who I used to introduce at meetings by saying "This is Mark, he makes a list of things. Apparently, it's helping the project"

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Proper contractor's leaving message;

Specification Rate units

Test Consultancy 80 160

subtotal e12800

total + 19% vat e15232
    I assume these numbers are fictional. I expect you to work far less for far more.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Did you test a bit too enthousiastically?
    No, it came from a PM who I used to introduce at meetings by saying "This is Mark, he makes a list of things. Apparently, it's helping the project"

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Last one I got (last month) had 'F**k you, you 'orrible c**t' written on it. It was a proud moment
    Did you test a bit too enthousiastically?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Last one I got (last month) had 'F**k you, you 'orrible c**t' written on it. It was a proud moment

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    There's a card doing the rounds at the moment. Everyone's signing it with the same name - someone who left six months ago.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    A friend of mine used to scan the messages people had written and select a particularly nauseating one. e.g.

"It's been an honour to work with you. Best wishes for the future to you and your family. From Dave."

He would then photocopy that message and sellotape the copy onto a blank space in the card in a really slapdash way, then cross out "Dave" and write his own name.

It had a fabulous effect of overwhelming insincerity. I've never had the nerve to do the same thing myself, but one of these days...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Have you brought is in donut's today then?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Proper contractor's leaving message;

Specification Rate units

Test Consultancy 80 160

subtotal e12800

total + 19% vat e15232

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowplough View Post
    Every cloud has a silver lining. Today, you are mine.
    Let me guess - a leaving card has passed across your desk and, with nothing witty to say, you did a Google search and came across this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Snowplough
    replied
    Every cloud has a silver lining. Today, you are mine.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Going back a few years one of our Permies pulled the old 'resign on a Friday, come back on Monday as a contractor. When his contract finished he wasn't renewed.

Comment from the boss? "You only leave twice"
    Pure class.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    "would the last person to leave, please turn out the lights"

So many of us left that department because our new boss was a twunt.
    Would the last person to leave tell the boss to turn his own ****ing lights off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X