• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Investments. Any suggestions?"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Buy a bigger house, MF. If you have paid it off then it clearly isn't big enough.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Or just build a huge swimming pool and fill it with fivers like Scrooge McDuck... you wouldn't be the first...

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    could you recommend a few, no idea about any agricultural company.
    CORN (wheat), AIGL (food & livestock) are ones I am looking to stick into an ISA this year.

GBS (gold) is another but I'm waiting for a better price.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by TazMaN
    There are several LSE listed equities you can buy into that directly reflect the price of these commodities.
    could you recommend a few, no idea about any agricultural company.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Great , I am off to buy a ton of wheat
    Actually you're not far off there. Not only is there a growing need of wheat/grain for consumption, but these are now also needed for the growing biofuels industry.

The recent drought in Oz has pushed up prices too as Oz usually exports a lot of it's wheat globally and has recently been unable to do so.

There are several LSE listed equities you can buy into that directly reflect the price of these commodities.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    In that case, Im going to short chaff.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Keep tell you: Agricultural Commodities.

Look what Wheat has been doing, and Soybeans.

Actually, I know bugger all about them. Some guy on Bloomberg was giving it a load of bunny about them the other day.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Keep tell you: Agricultural Commodities.

Look what Wheat has been doing, and Soybeans.

Actually, I know bugger all about them. Some guy on Bloomberg was giving it a load of bunny about them the other day.

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    *Threaded.

HTH.
    wahtevre

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Im earning far too much money, have paid the mortgage off and have cash in the bank.

Can the panel recommend any good investments for a contractor gone perm?
    Yeah right. We all know you're knee deep in debt and fecked.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The posts are so dull these days

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Give your lass more money to invest in Gala!

Leave a comment:

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    money is time. Make a time machine and you will be loaded.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Spend your time wisely

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Thai ladyboys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X