• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 6% May Be

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "6% May Be"

Collapse

• TheRightStuff
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wots a "mortgage"?
    I have no idea either. I'm fixed at 0.0% for 5 yrs.
    hoping for 15% interest for my savings.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by pickle
    WTF has that got to do with intrest rates? IRs are a (blunt) tool to control inflation. It's not in the BOEs remit to give a toss about peoples repayments.

Anyway, said predictions.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle1813017.ece
    Do you honestly believe the BoE is completely impartial now?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zamzummim
    I have mortgage offer of two year fixed at 5.34% - I think its a good one. I may go for it

I would. Managed to get 5.14% on the last day of the offer, fixed for two years.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    your , but if you keep quiet, I won't mention it.
    Arse, I am punctilious about my grammar and spelling as well. I feel I have let myself, the board and the shade of Fleetwood down.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I was. I'm going to tell the Master you've been wagging you're forked tongue again.

your , but if you keep quiet, I won't mention it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I was. I'm going to tell the Master you've been wagging you're forked tongue again.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wots a "mortgage"?
    Humans have mortgages to buy houses. We don't have cloaked spaceships to live in like some I could mention.

Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Leave a comment:

• zamzummim
    replied
    I have mortgage offer of two year fixed at 5.34% - I think its a good one. I may go for it

Leave a comment:

• Euro-commuter
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Those predictions are for retail rates, not the bank base rate. The discussions here so far have been about the base rate.
    Quite so. As it says clearly right at the start of the article:

Homeowners were last week warned to brace themselves for mortgage rates at 8 per cent, their highest for a decade, as the Bank of England seeks to curb inflation.

Legal & General, the City’s biggest fund manager, with assets of £240 billion, said last week that Bank rate would have to go to at least 6 per cent – forcing up lenders’ standard mortgage rates, which are typically two percentage points higher.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    8% is a prediction for the short term

Those predictions are for retail rates, not the bank base rate. The discussions here so far have been about the base rate. 7% base base rate by the end of the year is not out of the questions IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    no I meant what I said, here here
    we need a smiley for 'telling you what to say'

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    no I meant what I said, here here

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    here here
    hear hear

You're telling someone to listen to something, see?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    Predicted by who?

If rates were to go above 6%, a lot of people are going to struggle with repayments.
    It was base +2% which is usual lenders SVR - but discounted deals can mitigate against this

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    Originally posted by pickle
    WTF has that got to do with intrest rates? IRs are a (blunt) tool to control inflation. It's not in the BOEs remit to give a toss about peoples repayments.

Anyway, said predictions.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle1813017.ece

Fook doesnt say by when though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X