• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "He shoots.....He SCORES !!!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    It seems clear I ROCK...
    It depends on base number to which 30% were added - if it's national wage, then it is nothing to write home about, even though I'd imagine in this case it would appear to one that one rocks when one actually does not.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    The Contractor's motto:

'Something will always turn up..."

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    cheers all - aware there is still time for things to go norks up as these things sometimes do. Job was quite a stretch from where I am experience wise but managed to swing it at the 2 interviews so it has given me a lot of confidence.
    I will keep an ear to the ground for other ones coming up just in case - good advice.
    Right, time to get a company etc setup !
    Still time to play some golf - any golfers benched in the North-West up for a game !?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Congrats. Nice timing to secure a new one (and I hope it is secured) on the last day of an old gig.

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    even if you have it signed in front of you it means nowt until the first invoice is paid bud... keep your options open and still hit jobswerve IMHO

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    there can be no worse feeling for a contractor than having to come to terms with the fact that against one's wishes but in one's best interests one will have to become a permie for some time

I can understand your happiness

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg
    Call from the agent 3pm on last day of contract = 30% pay rise, contract starting in 4 weeks = a month off without a care = huge shot of adrenaline = happy days for me !!!
    Thought I was going to have to go permie as well and now I don't it is great although I will miss the annual reviews, team-building events, 'challenging' objectives and the dangle of a promotion carrot sometime far in the future designed to keep you in line.
    It seems clear I ROCK...
    Good luck to all on the bench, I am just visiting...
    Don't count the chickens yet. How many of us have started a contract only to find out it was total sh1te? Come back a couple of weeks after the start and let us know.

Congrats all the same

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    congrat Luke,

beers are on you then

nice one

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    well done mate

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    started a topic He shoots.....He SCORES !!!

He shoots.....He SCORES !!!

Call from the agent 3pm on last day of contract = 30% pay rise, contract starting in 4 weeks = a month off without a care = huge shot of adrenaline = happy days for me !!!
    Thought I was going to have to go permie as well and now I don't it is great although I will miss the annual reviews, team-building events, 'challenging' objectives and the dangle of a promotion carrot sometime far in the future designed to keep you in line.
    It seems clear I ROCK...
    Good luck to all on the bench, I am just visiting...

Working...
X