• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Security Clearance

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Security Clearance"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by youngguy
    If you have security at a high level (eg SC) and then take a job which only requires BC, do you lose you higher level of security?
    SC lasts for 12 months if you don’t use it then it’s gone, DV is supposed to lapse as soon as you leave the role that requires it but in reality it can be resurrected up to six months after it was last used.

If you get SC whilst in a permanent role you get 10 years before it needs renewing but only 5 years if it’s a contract role.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio
    The SLA is 30 days for up to SC and 100 for DV. The reality is anything up to 7 months, and if you're going through a non-Ministry client you 'll just have to join the queue.

No snags, as long as you're legally entitled to work here. They don't even care about convictions as long as you're honest about them. The real test is, are you trustworthy and can you be blackmailed into revealing things you shouldn't.

The guidelines just got changed, BTW, to make it easier to get in the door without first being cleared. It remains to be seen if anyone takes any notice, of course...
    Is there an SLA for BC(E)? haven't seen one anywhere - for some reason, I've been put forward for SC; guy I work with for BC(E). All I really need is BC(E), and the quicker I get it, the quicker I get out of Slough and onto site. Is it worth me flagging to the client security team that I only need BC(E) so that I can get there quicker, or is the difference worth me keeping quiet so that I get clearance to a higher level (and so might have a better chance for future contracts)?

Any ideas on timescales?

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    Originally posted by youngguy
    If you have security at a high level (eg SC) and then take a job which only requires BC, do you lose you higher level of security?
    i think you only loose (becomes invalid) if you have not been in a gig that requires clearence for some time. I got mine in 2004 and have been in gigs that require it ever since hopefully if that continues then i won't need to renew it until 2009 (lasts 5 years).

Once you do have it even though the rules have changes it does make you more appealing to new gigs.

Where is your gig based Mikeyyy ?

Leave a comment:

• youngguy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    The SLA is 30 days for up to SC and 100 for DV. The reality is anything up to 7 months, and if you're going through a non-Ministry client you 'll just have to join the queue.

No snags, as long as you're legally entitled to work here. They don't even care about convictions as long as you're honest about them. The real test is, are you trustworthy and can you be blackmailed into revealing things you shouldn't.

The guidelines just got changed, BTW, to make it easier to get in the door without first being cleared. It remains to be seen if anyone takes any notice, of course...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Read this

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyyy
    Hi

Sorry if this is an old topic

You're right, this is an old topic. Try searching CUK FFS!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyyy
    started a topic Security Clearance

Security Clearance

Hi

Sorry if this is an old topic but just registered here and signed contracts for long IT public sector contract role - any idea how lond BC SC and CTC security clearance takes to come through and what could be the snags, if any? (no convictions etc)

Thanks for your help

Mike

Working...
X