• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tony Bliar to head up the World Bank"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Did I not read somewhere that the hideous grotesque he's married to has arranged a nice little sinecure for herself recently?
    Good word, for the rest of us:

Sinecure

-an office that involves minimal duties
    -a benefice to which no spiritual or pastoral duties are attached
    -An ecclesiastical benefice without the care of souls.
    -To put or place in a sinecure.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied

It was once thought that he would move on from UK politics to take up a high profile international job. But his chances of heading a United Nations agency, the World Bank or another multinational institution were quashed forever when he joined The US president, George Bush, in the war in Iraq.

Equally, Iraq will have ended any hopes he may have cherished of becoming the first president of Europe - if that post, part of the stalled European constitution, ever comes into being.

Instead, it is thought that he will set up his own Blair Foundation to promote causes such as the fight against poverty in Africa, peace in the Middle East and action on global warming.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/tonyb...070487,00.html

Leave a comment:

• Diestl
    replied
    I want to open an account with the world bank, anyone used them? Do they do online banking?

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    There is no chance of B'Liar getting any role with EU, UN etc after his involvement with the US over Iraq. No other country would back him.

He is toxic for most companies too. So it's the lecture circuit in the US for him.

However it does remind me of Dennis Skinner's quip about Thatcher becoming the European Central Bank governor.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I heard he is to become a Catholic and head up Opus Dei.

Because the EU, the UN and the Bilderberg group all told him to feck off.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Remember you read it here first.

Unless of course you've read it somewhere else already.

I've always considered Tony as a bit of a banker.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    started a topic Tony Bliar to head up the World Bank

Tony Bliar to head up the World Bank

Remember you read it here first.

Unless of course you've read it somewhere else already.

Working...
X