• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agency Requesting References"

Collapse

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    hi ya boys and girls. yes im still alive.

Been on a contract for 6 months now, agency has called me requesting references from my last 4 employers stating that i am obliged to give them.

What are my rights here, some of my past contracts have been less then 6 weeks.

Really i am only interested in giving them a minimum of 3 and of the more lengthy contracts i have had.

Thoughts?
    You don't have any rights, just a choice.

You can give them the refs or tell them where to stick it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Yes, that will keep the silly fecker busy, calling his own number every five minutes and finding it engaged.
    Might go to answer phone, but I bet he doesn't return the calls.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Yes, that will keep the silly fecker busy, calling his own number every five minutes and finding it engaged.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    But only before they have placed you. If you are already in a position with them, they can meet the requirement to verify your skills by asking your current manager.

tim
    Yup,

but i'm thinking along the lines of they never bother to do it and have been asked to pony up the results of thier initial verification and are now bricking it and trying to get themselves out of a sticky situation

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    You've been the agency's supplier for 6 months now. Give him his own name.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You've been the agency's supplier for 6 months now. Give him his own name.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Did you opt in or opt out? If you opted in a belive they have a duty to check your references. It should only be 2 thos.

I suggest telling them to feck orf
    But only before they have placed you. If you are already in a position with them, they can meet the requirement to verify your skills by asking your current manager.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Did you opt in or opt out? If you opted in a belive they have a duty to check your references. It should only be 2 thos.

I suggest telling them to feck orf

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    hi ya boys and girls. yes im still alive.

Been on a contract for 6 months now, agency has called me requesting references from my last 4 employers stating that i am obliged to give them.

What are my rights here, some of my past contracts have been less then 6 weeks.

Really i am only interested in giving them a minimum of 3 and of the more lengthy contracts i have had.

Thoughts?
    You are not obliged to give them references.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    This reference malarky is a pain in the arse
    I suggest we all hire someone who will give reference for all.
    maybe pcg can start a reference service

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    What if they were to temp you with a cool refreshing Sprite?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    name and shame.

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Unless its in your contract tell 'em to go whistle

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Say OK I'll get back to you on that one, repeat the response each time and they'll get fed up and trawl elsewhere. I've never heard of 4 refs needed, they must be really struggling.

Leave a comment:

• pickle
    replied
    Thoughts?
    Obliged how? Tell em to feck off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X