• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BOO!!! Harry won't be going to Iraq"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    New Opportunity, New Lab.. oh no wait a minute, done that one

Leave a comment:

• Lambros
    replied
    I think this is the end of Britain's adventure in Iraq.

I can understand the Military top brass's decision - they had little alternative. However, other British soldiers will now say - if they can't protect Prince Harry, what chance do I stand.

This may be a shrewd move by Dannatt, who fell out with Blair a few months ago - saying at the time on live TV that the troops in Iraq are doing more harm than good and really oughta come home.

Now there is a new Prime Minister, and a new opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    If Harry did go think what power the Enemies would have if ever he was kidnapped. I know Blair always say we won't negotiate with terrorists e.t.c. but it would be interesting to see how far they would bend over to get him back.

Bush had no problems negoitating with terrorists - witness the US removal of the millitary bases from Saudi Arabia as Al Queda demanded.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Does anybody know why we are in Iraq ?
    Operation Grab Oil Gone Wrong

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    If Harry did go think what power the Enemies would have if ever he was kidnapped. I know Blair always say we won't negotiate with terrorists e.t.c. but it would be interesting to see how far they would bend over to get him back.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Operation Iraqi Liberation - ooops that sounds too much like OIL.... Let's call it "Operation Iraqi Freedom".

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Well i've never seen a black or pakistani ginger, I have seen irish ones however. HTH!

I've seen a ginger afro carribean chap. He was working as a security guard at a hotel I stayed at in Jamaica.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Well i've never seen a black or pakistani ginger, I have seen irish ones however. HTH!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    What a fantastic idea. We could rid ourselves of all the gingers in the country.
    Do you teach your kids to pick on 'gingers' as well? why not go the whole hog and say blacks, paki's, and the Irish?

I despair sometimes

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    You mean it was all A Cunning Plan?

Nah.

MOD.

Imfeckingpossible.
    Not since Baldrick went over the top, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Have you ever considered they were never going to send him and the whole thing was a game to get the opposition to show their hand?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I can't understand the fuss that is being made in the media to be honest. It is pretty clear that if he goes over there every bugger in the country is going to try and kill him and as a result the army have decided to keep him at home.

He himself wants to go over there, but lets look at it from a logistical point of view, do you put him there knowing you are going to have more casualties trying to defend him, loose more resources like tanks and jeeps as they are blown to buggery in an attempt to get at him or take the easy option and park him at home.

The problem is not so much the fact he is royal, but the fact he is famous and comes under intense media scrutiny, this has instantly made him a high profile target that would be great to kill because if you do you will get a huge amount of media coverage, and lets face it the people fighting us in Iraq want exactly that. I personally think Prince Harry was rather stupid and blinkered beliveing that they would ever let him go out into a war zone, he is too big a risk to everyone and everything around him.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    replied
    he will be able to command from his house. What with faster broadband speeds and a wireless network it's only moments until War Games come true

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp
    The reason Harry is not going to Iraq is the recent (Iranian-backed) attack on a Challenger 2 tank:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6586401.stm

The MOD knows that if Harry goes to Iraq every British tank in Basra will be blown to hell and back.
    I've been following the news of this, and some parents of serving soldiers moan that Harry is getting off lightly because he is privileged.

However, serving soldiers themselves say they agreed with him not going, because they would not want to be posted anywhere near him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X