• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Wireless sky!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wireless sky!"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    When I used one (actually to connect TV out from my PC upstairs to my TV downstairs, but that doesn't matter), my wireless router would interfere. You'd get a horizontal line going down the screen about once a second.

I'd bet that's what your neighbours have.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    Damn - forgot to mention that you'd need to add a Sky Link and a second remote for about £25 total. Thanks Tazman.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Zorba the Greek (Geek?) is right... just use a direct Coax connection between your sky box and the other room(s?).

I couldn't be arsed to do it myself and paid the man from Sky to install a Sky Link system... i.e. cable plus eye (for remote control). So we have Sky+ in my bedroom now, which we can control completely from there. I also have a Sky+ box in the lounge, and another Sky+ box in the games room, and multi-room running all of the channels.

Hardly watch the damn thing.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    If you can't find a way round it, you can run a second coax cable from the back of the Sky box. It does have to be enabled in the setup menu though, but there are instructions on the internets. I'd normally google it for you, but I actually have something to do today.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    My cordless phone used to bugger mine up. Shagged the wireless LAN up too.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    How do you think eveybody else access it?

tim
    Through plugging their TV into their sky box.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    is that box thingy a, 'media extender' ?

Milan.
    I dont know. Its a small metalic box, about the size of a dvd box set, and it has a button for different frequencies, and an on/off button.

Thats about all I know about it, apart from the fact that it makes sky come on my tele!

Yes, our microwave really makes it go nuts, but this latest one is just an annoying little heartbeat...it drives us mad! We switched off every single electrical device in the house last night and it still happenned!

He's away into town now to try and buy something better, if something better exists!

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Hi All,

This is probably bloke talk, but I'm going to try anyway....my other half has got this funky system in the house where all our tele's access sky wirelessly.
    How do you think eveybody else access it?

tim

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    is that box thingy a, 'media extender' ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• kirk
    replied
    ...the microwave interferes with mine....

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    Try to avoid standing directly in front of your sky dish, Sal, everything will then be fine.
    and also

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Hi All,

This is probably bloke talk, but I'm going to try anyway....my other half has got this funky system in the house where all our tele's access sky wirelessly.

We've got these little box things which hook up to our tele's and they all pick up sky from our sky box in the back room downstairs.

Anyway...(hopefully yous all followed that!)...lately we seem to be getting loads of interferance. All our tv's keep flickerring and it's getting to be a right pain in the arse. All we can think of is that maybe next door have bought an Xbox or something stupid like that which is interfering with the sky signal?

Have any of yous came accross similar problems?
    Try to avoid standing directly in front of your sky dish, Sal, everything will then be fine.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    started a topic Wireless sky!

Wireless sky!

Hi All,

We've got these little box things which hook up to our tele's and they all pick up sky from our sky box in the back room downstairs.

Anyway...(hopefully yous all followed that!)...lately we seem to be getting loads of interferance. All our tv's keep flickerring and it's getting to be a right pain in the arse. All we can think of is that maybe next door have bought an Xbox or something stupid like that which is interfering with the sky signal?

Have any of yous came accross similar problems?

Working...
X