• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 19 Points???

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "19 Points???"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    Ukraine should have won - total Eurovision cheese...

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Watching the Fins at the weekend made me suspect there is too much 'kissing cousins' m'larky going on

Leave a comment:

• 2uk
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddy]I watched the whole show on line at

Bulgaria was great and well worth watching.

[QUOTE]

Sounded like Bjork to me.

You have to speak one of the Slavic languages to feel the Serbian song. It was really sad , especially knowing what happened there with Kosovo.

My favorite was the Ukrainian song – so much fun.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    I did spend a lot of time awarding shagability points to the female presenters from around Europe...but realy only Iceland did it for me
    How about that last act? Can't remember where she was from.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    The standards were extremely high in eastern Europe
    What standards are we applying here?

I wouldn't download any of the songs, but musically, the German swing band and the Latvian tenors singing in Italian were OK.

Some of the acts were good though.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    My choices were

FYR Macedonia
    Georgia
    and surprisingly France

Not surprisingly all failed, so either my taste is too eclectic or the voter’s tastes are dire.

I must admit I was enjoying the prospect of another null points for the UK when Ireland and Malta ruined it.

I did spend a lot of time awarding shagability points to the female presenters from around Europe...but realy only Iceland did it for me

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I watched the whole show on line at

http://www.eurovision.tv/addons/mediaplayer/player.html

The UK song would have been fine in the 50s or 60s, and that,s the problem with many of the pop music in Western Europe for the Eurovision Song Contest.

The standards were extremely high in eastern Europe with on or two exceptions and|I think the winning song was a pile of lesbian poo.

Bulgaria was great and well worth watching.

The Greek song was so outdated, but even if the singer stuck the microphone up his bum and farted; Cyprus would still give them 12 points.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    I'll think you'll find the UK is one of the biggest contributors to Eurovision whether we stage it or not.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    So I blame Tony Blair for invading Iraq.
    Sadly, this is very true.

Anyway, the trick is to NOT win. The winner has to host the event the next year at their own expense and give away the whole show to the other members for free. The daft Eastern Europeans haven’t figured this out yet.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
    Eurovision gave the world Celine Dion. Enough said...
    By we gave Eurovision Cliff Richard ... 15-all

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Eurovision gave the world Celine Dion. Enough said...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dunno how anyone could watch ever 1 second of it. Saw a picture of our entrants. They reminded me strongly of those brave sailors who got captured in Iraq.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    How the hell did we even manage that! I've just turned on Sky News to be greeted with the result of the UK's entry for Eurovision. What a complete pile of sh1te! It was embarrasing to watch the news item.

I couldn't tell if they were meant to be airline stewards or Butlins blue coats. Cringe?? Knawing on my own liver would have been less excrutiating. Finishing second from bottom, I cannot fathom for the life of me how the hell it got nominated to represent us.

I know Eurovision is renound as the major European cheese event, but are we now a nation infamous for producing utter kack?? I'll ponder this while I'm walking the dogs this morning.
    You're lucky! I had to sit with my family and watch the whole tulipe show.

There were only three decent songs, and they came nowhere, but the songs were immaterial anyway. The voting can be predicted with an atlas and a rudimentary knowledge of European politics over the last 100 years. I tell my family this but they still insist on watching the whole fiasco.

We seem to have only have two allies in Europe at the moment, Ireland and Malta. Serbia have loads - all the ex-Yugoslavia nations, plus all the other ex-communist countries. And I assure you, the Serbian song that won was also unmitigated crap.

So I blame Tony Blair for invading Iraq.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 13 May 2007, 08:41.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    do you live with your mummy and daddy ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    kay,

what you doing up this early ?

a man of your age should not yet have got home from a wild night out on the town

sort yourself out man

Milan.
    I'm always up early - two loopy labradors need a walk and the papers to fetch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X