• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Please mind the gap between the platform and the train"

Collapse

• The Master
    replied
    Suddenly everyone knows and says too much. Ten minutes in the booth for wendigo100 again please, Zeitghost.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ssssssssssssssssssssssssh.... you're giving it away... The Master will get upset again & it makes him so tetchy.

David Dickinson is at the extreme end of the cunning plan though.... mahogany people, remember you heard it here first.
    Sorry!

Gadzooks, everywhere I turn, I stumble upon evidence of ...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus
    How the **** does this tulip make the news? FFS!

I mean seriously how dump is she. Did she not use her eyes to look around her surrounding.

And why is she so orange looking? As far as i know there are black people, brown people and white people...........pardon my ignorance but where are orange people from?
    Orange people are a new race being engineered by ...

Dale Winton, David Dickinson and Simon Jordan are famous prototypes.

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    How the **** does this tulip make the news? FFS!

I mean seriously how dump is she. Did she not use her eyes to look around her surrounding.

And why is she so orange looking? As far as i know there are black people, brown people and white people...........pardon my ignorance but where are orange people from?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I looked this place up on a map. Unless her boyfriend actually lives down that road, I don't understand why the SatNav sent her down there.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Really. Her boyfriend should dump her for being a stupid dopey cow.
    He tried but the train missed!

Ask yourself who gave her the Navigation System...

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by that_dumb_bint
    "People should be more careful with them - you never know where they might lead you."
    No. YOU should be more careful about leaving bed in the morning.

Really. Her boyfriend should dump her for being a stupid dopey cow.

I use sat-nav all day, every day when I am drivnig and there are a lot of time when it sends me to places that are wrong or not possible due to the size of the lorry (low bridges, weight restrictions etc). But you cope with this by watching the roads and reading the signs!

Argh. I'd still shag her though. But it would be rough sex to treat her a lesson.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I am stunned....surely the gates would have had large signs saying "Warning ! s0dding great big scary trains coming this way" on them....jeeze what a numpty.

And let's suppose she missed them.....did the effing great steel rails not give her a clue that she was in dangerous territory ?

Sat-Nav is an excellent tool, but it is no excuse to abdicate commonsense and situational awareness...providing she had these qualities in the first place, which by all accounts she did not.

But some people...once they have Sat-Nav, they turn their single brain cells off and wait to be instructed on every step of the journey, in the mistaken belief that their Sat-Nav will see them alright.

Hmmm....I wonder if we can convince Tom-Tom to make a "Turn Now" at Beachy Head version for the Chavs.....

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Sheet, I've just read she's a second year at Birmingham University... How the fsck did she get through the first year!

My lord, good looks and a pleasant smile can get you a long way I guess.

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    These crossings are normally in rural areas. Some are for vehicles and some are for pedestrians only.

I live in Cornwall and there are hundreds. The pedestrian ones normally have a plate stating look and listen for trains.

Normally, if a train is coming and you are near to the line, the tracks will sing. If you hear the singing, you have seconds to get out of the way.

I was part of a PWAY gang and we went out packing sleepers, attending bridge strikes and generally clearing the crap from the other gangs who were too lazy to pick up there own rubbish.

We did once have a job to pack ballast under sleepers at St. Ives Station. I think we annoyed the local hoteliers when we started using jack hammers at 11pm right outside their windows. Good job we couldn't hear what they were saying!

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    That posting was completely incomprehensible!
    Some time ago I found myself in crawling traffic due to a race event. I looked up and saw there was rail barrier on a line with the middle of my bonnet, meaning that I was straddling the lines. As there was traffic ahead and behind, I had nowhere to go. It was scary. I was so pissed off with the traffic, I hadn't noticed the sodding level crossing.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    A while back I found myself in crawling traffic due to a race event, looked up and saw there was rail barrier on a line with the middle of my bonnet, traffic ahead and behind and nowhere to go. Scary. So pissed off with the traffic I hadn't noticed the sodding level crossing.

That posting was completely incomprehensible!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by sparklelard

For those of you that don't know, this is the correct sequence, whether you are horse riding or driving.
    1. At the gate stop
    2. Contact the signaller
    3. If you don't get the all clear, wait until you do so.
    4. Open the gate on your side.
    5. Walk across the line, quickly but do not run, and open the gate the far side.
    6. Go back to your vehicle/horse and cross quickly
    7. Park up and go and close the first gate
    8. Cross back and close the second gate
    9. Contact the signaller to give the all-clear
    It's not worth taking a risk.

How many of these manual crossings are there around? I've never seen one.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Or hose them into the undergrowth.
    Had one outside Doncaster where they were collecting the pieces and they ended up with too many fingers. Oh my lord the paperwork. A few months later they found the spare head stuck in grease under an engine when it was in being serviced.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    ...for directing her off her own driveway in the first place.
    You might have a point there! Some of the technology we build makes things way too easy for utter idiots to do stuff they really should not be allowed to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X