• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Barclays Group

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barclays Group"

Collapse

• lukemg
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven
    I thought it was more than a couple? I heard 3+ people were involved
    The bus is true, it was a contractor who was requested to leave very soon afterwards. The squash court high jinks maybe moving into urban myth territory, although I did hear the enthusiatic couple were interrupted by a security guard.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W
    featured a couple getting caught on CCTV shagging in the squash courts.
    I thought it was more than a couple? I heard 3+ people were involved

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I did 6 months at BZW (remember them?) and 2 years at BarCap in fixed income in the 90's.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    It was after an on-site Beer Festival which also featured a couple getting caught on CCTV shagging in the squash courts. I was on holiday at the time and missed it!

You never really appreciate some sites until you leave do you?

Leave a comment:

• LadyChatterley
    replied
    Do any of you guys who once worked at Radbrooke, remember a guy who 'stole' a coach on the way home from a work do night out (or something along those lines) cos the driver wasn't there when they all arrived back at site and wanted dropping off at home, so decided to drive it himself and wrapped it around a lamp-post on site? I think his name was Woods, not sure but was certainly a 'classic' and doing the rounds when I was there.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by SoupDragon
    I did a C++ brainbench test for Barclays Capital yesterday.

It was teh hard
    You have to practice it. The chances are that if you didn't you'll have failed. They usually expect 70% plus.

You can do practice runs, which are quite cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    This was discussed not that long ago

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...-barclays.html

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Did over 5 years at Radbroke a few years back (yeah I know disguised permie) set me up nicely, nice site etc Got into a terrible rut though and glad to be outsourced and requested to leave in the end.
    Won the Mike Green cup twice also....which was nice !

Leave a comment:

• SoupDragon
    replied
    I did a C++ brainbench test for Barclays Capital yesterday.

It was teh hard

Leave a comment:

• swissmike
    replied
    It won't be Poole as they're closing the Poole office in 3 years and halving the number of staff there - announced yesterday

Wealth are moving from near Tower Bridge to the HQ in Canary Wharf and BarCap are near Canary Wharf

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Where are these barclays groups offices located?

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    I was there twice, each time through Spring. Working in the DC Management Team

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I've been at Radders too, twice...

Once on an Andersons project, the second it was Xansa (formerly "Feminists International Group").

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Worked for Barclays: Enable which is basically the banks IT infrastructure group. I was there a few times, had its good and bad points.

Good points being, long gigs, the fact that you could hide in a corner and get a good long contract out of it. Lots of opportunity to go from team to team on different contracts. I was at Radders too, so the environment was good to work in.

Bad points, contractors are usually in via their preferred agency and as such quite a static contract, not much room for ir35 negotiations. Every now and they they have a purge on contractors, something like take a 20% rate cut or leave.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    started a topic Barclays Group

Barclays Group

Anyone worked for one of the Barclays groups b4? Capital, Wealth etc Thoughts?

Working...
X