• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Bank Holiday ghost ship office"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot
    Your so right it's scary... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunad

Me and the oz's share the same lacking culture. Reminds me of a joke... So what's the difference between a yogurt and oz's? A yogurt develops a culture after a week.

Alternative version....

You need culture to make Yogurt.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Your so right it's scary... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunad

Me and the oz's share the same lacking culture. Reminds me of a joke... So what's the difference between a yogurt and oz's? A yogurt develops a culture after a week.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    That might explain all the funny clothing efforts donned by many young and old alike as I was walking the streets yesterday... no it might be constitution day actually folks were in traditional dress, looked formidable.
    I guess you mean Bunads...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    No, but I am about to fly to San Francisco to work for the next two weeks. Yeh, thats right I lost the BH Monday and now as a permie I don't get it back!!!!! Grrrrrrr.

(Offer on house accepted, 10 weeks and counting.....)

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    We have Kristihimmelfartsdag on the 17th, and Whitmonday on the 28th. Whit, i.e. White due to the colours of the clothes the kiddies wear who are getting baptised or confirmed on the Sunday, and this is the Monday after that White-Sunday.

HTH

That might explain all the funny clothing efforts donned by many young and old alike as I was walking the streets yesterday... no it might be constitution day actually folks were in traditional dress, looked formidable.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    They come next door here to Norway to sell their cheap booze...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by BOBJ
    Anyone in Sweden? We have our server support based over there and someone told me yesterday that they all take 6-8 weeks off in Summer. Hows that going to work...
    It won't.

Best book your hols now, oh and do make sure they coincide with the Sys-Admins.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Have got two coming up though, consititution day on the 17th and Whit Monday on the 28th (no idea)
    We have Kristihimmelfartsdag on the 17th, and Whitmonday on the 28th. Whit, i.e. White due to the colours of the clothes the kiddies wear who are getting baptised or confirmed on the Sunday, and this is the Monday after that White-Sunday.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    Anyone in Sweden? We have our server support based over there and someone told me yesterday that they all take 6-8 weeks off in Summer. Hows that going to work...

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    It's definitely a perk of contracting - choosing when to take my bank holidays.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Have got two coming up though, consititution day on the 17th and Whit Monday on the 28th (no idea)

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    I always mention it to placate jealous permies (the other annoying aspect of contracting) who are obsessed by trying to find out how much you earn in the pub.
    You have a part-time job in a pub as well as a full time contract? Kudos to you

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    None here in Denmark either, but we did have one last Friday instead.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    No bank holiday here in Norway -

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenerGrass
    "Holiday guilt" has to be one of the worst aspects of contracting, I always mention it to placate jealous permies (the other annoying aspect of contracting) who are obsessed by trying to find out how much you earn in the pub.
    Just tell them you earn as much as they would if they went contracting, and leave it at that. It always shuts them up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X