• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: UFOs - bollocks?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UFOs - bollocks?"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by pisces
    Au contraire. There is so much more to life and the universe than we could ever wish to know about. It IS sheer arrogance to think that we are the highest beings in all of it's infinite existance.
    How do you know?

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    There is bugger all out there. The initiation of life on Earth was such a jammy event that the odds against it happening again elsewhere are astronomical.
    Au contraire. There is so much more to life and the universe than we could ever wish to know about. It IS sheer arrogance to think that we are the highest beings in all of it's infinite existance.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    There is bugger all out there. The initiation of life on Earth was such a jammy event that the odds against it happening again elsewhere are astronomical.
    Yes. Astronomical. Why, you'd need billions of stars for a start! Oh. Drake equation anyone?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Disagree
    It is arrogance to suppose that in the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars we would be somehow unique
    Why arrogance? You and I dispute the value of chance, not the worthiness of our existence.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Disagree
    It is arrogance to suppose that in the billions of galaxies, trillions of stars we would be somehow unique

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Maybe they'd find us comical, and we're this seasons unwitting replacement 2 Ronnies on ET TV.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    If there is superior intelligent life out there it will not be benign, peaceful herbivores do not dominate. The reality would be Independence Day, War Of the Worlds, Midwich Cuckoos, not this "Welcome To Our Federation" crap.

No, there are no UFOs out there, if there was any race advanced enough to travel the galaxy and lurk in our solar system, we would have been conquered, exterminated, shagged and/or eaten long ago.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    All that was on the telly the other night. Program about the large hadron collider.

Looks like they should find out about the Higgs this year one way or the other. Either that or blow us all up as discussed in a previous thread.

Me - I haven't got a fecking clue...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
    Or renounce it as the devil.
    Well that's true. If He says "Sorry, the jews were right, Jesus wasn't my son", the Christians might well denounce Him.

And if He says "sorry, but there's no 72 virgins", the Muslims might try to blow Him up.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Have they found Higg's Bosun yet?
    I hope not - I've bet string theorist Lubos Motl $500 that it won't be found before 31 Dec 2012

He probably reckons the bet's a no-brainer (and that I am too), because the Higgs is predicted by the Standard Model, and he's probably right; but I'm not so sure ..

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Or renounce it as the devil.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Edited, slight typo.
    It's probably me then, but is there still an extraneous word or two in there?
    Whatever the answer is all mainstream modern religions would be dissapointed to be hear it.
    I'll assume you mean "disappointed to hear it", and you might be right. Then, after a suitable pause to check their bibles, korans and stuff, they will all say how they were right all along.

Leave a comment:

• XTC
    replied
    I saw one at Party in the PArk last year.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
    Space is an amazing place. Just looking up at the milkyway on a moonless night is awesome, even without recreational drugs!
    I did that after a particularly boozy night out last September whilst in Cyprus, I just lay there on a secluded beach staring at the Milky Way, the longer you look the more you see, truly mind bogglingly amazing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X