• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should the US refuse to admit British Pakistanis without visas?"

Collapse

• Stan
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    As sad as it is I don't think many people would argue that when they get on a plane they would rather there wasn't a group of Asian men with long beards on the flight with them, so does that make someone a racist?
    No, it makes them a retard.

This alleged move is like making black people get visas because they are statistically more likely to be involved in criminality (in the good old USA anyway). Or you could make them sit at the back where they could be monitored.

Is that racist?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Every such decision should be made by any government with the interests of its citizens as the primary concern, racism has nothing to do with it. Given the idiotic way our government has turned a blind eye to every sort of radicalism against those who are supposed to be our allies, I do not blame the Yanks one little bit for this.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy
    Don't be stupid, of course it doesn't.

It makes the beardist.

Free the beard man!
    Just say you have pognophobia, and can the ragheads over there please be moved to economy.

Leave a comment:

• Zorba
    replied
    At the risk of repeating what most people already know, if I remember correctly the 9/11 bombers were Saudis anyway...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Even if they were Sikhs?
    No that’s different I should have phrased it better as "Asian Muslims" again it's sad that many don't know the difference.

There’s a Sikh guy here who's always celebrating a festival of some sort and it usually means he has a load of free food going at his desk.

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    I'd be even more worried!! (re: that festival last week where Sikh men were charging around with swords...)

...especially if your name was Gandhi

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    I'd be even more worried!! (re: that festival last week where Sikh men were charging around with swords...)

but they dont blowup

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Even if they were Sikhs?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    As sad as it is I don't think many people would argue that when they get on a plane they would rather there wasn't a group of Asian men with long beards on the flight with them, so does that make someone a racist?
    Even if they were Sikhs?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Don't be stupid, of course it doesn't.

It makes the beardist.

Free the beard man!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    yeah and what's more suspicious than being a paki, right?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by oloks
    Whatever they have planned is normally done well before getting to the airport, part of the training is that they should blend with the norm and society around them.
    In any case, they might not be planning anything to happen at the airport. (May have been what you meant.)

Another issue is that not all would-be terrorists are Pakistani. Several have been african, and one or two even "indigenous" (for want of a better word) western converts like that shoe bomber and the US guy captured in Afghanistan.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae

Oh, my answer to the question is anyone behaving suspiciously in an airport should be targeted.
    Bring on Inspector Clouseau

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    Oh, my answer to the question is anyone behaving suspiciously in an airport should be targeted.

yeah and what's more suspicious than being a paki, right?

Last edited by SallyAnne; 3 May 2007, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    A thought that strikes me is that these biometric passports were brought in so that people could continue to do the visa waiver thang with the USA. Obviously that is now all bollox, so are the UK scumervent going to drop these biometric passports? I won't hold my breath...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X