• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: "Hayfever"

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Hayfever""

Collapse

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras
    Count yourself lucky you don't have an allergy to the household dust mite. At least with Hayfever you get 6 months off!
    Get wacko jacko's oxygen tent. Might be going cheap, last I heard he was a bit short of cash for keep paying out quieteners to parents of kids he'd had 'stopping over'.

Where do the dust mites come from, do they fly in through an open window in a new build house, or introduced at the manufacturing stage of matresses for some bizarre reason? Dust != mites so where do the f**kers come from!?

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    has been non stop since March.

Except for the two days it rained.

Fed up now.
    Count yourself lucky you don't have an allergy to the household dust mite. At least with Hayfever you get 6 months off!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    It's all in the mind you weaklings!!!!

Stop your moaning and get on with it!

(ahem...course I haven't said that to my lad who's actually in bed ill with it today - so I'll just take it out on you lot instead!)

Leave a comment:

• topgun
    replied
    I have coughed three weeks. Initially, GP says it is virol infection. I wonder it is hayfever, tried different meds, no help at all. 5 years ago, it lasted 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    Commiserations, WP...

In my long gone youth, there were exactly two people with hayfever in my class, me being one.

It started when I was about 13.

The only advantage was getting out of games in the summer

And the anti-histamines put me to sleep... the only time I got a good night's sleep was when I was taking piriton duolets...
    Beginning to regret wearing perfume this morning!

Don’t think it’s helping at all!

Can the day get any worse?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    My hayhever kicks in during June.

Grass is my downfall...

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Have a long holiday in june/july then.

I've noticed in the past that as soon as I step on a plane it goes away. Maybe they're different types of pollen in mainland europe but never had a problem abroad. Do you need another excuse for a long holiday!?

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    I'm suffering this morning....

Leave a comment:

• chubba
    replied
    Glad (you know what I mean) that I am not theonly sufferer. Take the skin off my nose and top lip at least once a year from continual blowing of the nose - it's like a tap in mid summer!

Totally clear at the minute, which is nice. June / July worse for me, Cow Parsley is the killer - once that stuff comes out I know the misery is not far away. Had it since 13 or so and in mid thirties now - here's hoping I "grow out of it" sometime soon.

[Edit] Smoke like a train so there's that cure out the window. Nice "naughty fag" clears up the flow a bit though
    Last edited by chubba; 29 April 2007, 22:58. Reason: Oh yeah...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    It's the trees, Jim, but not as we know it...
    The worst thing about it is during the peak if I have one single alcholic drink I feel 10x worse the next morning.

I never had this at all until my late 20s. I used to be sick of people at school whining about their bloody hay fever all summer long and think they were making it all up.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Take up smoking. Guaranteed cure.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Yeah I had one when I was a teen, lasted for a few years. Supposedly contained steroids but still looked like a long streak of piss afterwards. Was hoping to turn into arnie overnight without all the poncing about down the local gym.

Only seem to suffer when it's at it's seasonal peak. No sign of any reaction yet so fingers crossed I've finally grown out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Warrior Princess
    replied
    You can get a 'jab' up the a55 to help these days can't you?

or so i've heard....

Leave a comment:

• miss marple
    replied
    I was suffering a bit the back end of this week. Someone told me that you should eat local honey. I mentioned that I drove through three counties daily to get to work so should I take a teaspoonful from each county every day?

He couldn't answer that one.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I always get it worse March/April, so I think I've now reached the point of it getting less bad as we get into summer proper. My client's office is in woodland which really doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X