• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unbelievable gullibility"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100

But wait, Welsh ladies in Pembroke come from a very sheltered background. For a start, the young men out there are more interested in the woolly girls...
    Funny you should mention wool... you couldn't make this stuff up

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04...e_poodle_scam/

A Japanese actress inadvertantly blew the lid off a scam which had duped thousands of women into buying coiffured sheep in the belief they were poodles, the Evening Standard reports.

Maiko Kawakami appeared on a TV talk show with snaps of her pet, and admitted she wondered why it "didn't bark and refused to eat dog food". She was soon set straight - her dog was in fact a sheep.

The revelation provoked a stream of women to contact the cops with "similar problems". The powers that be reckon that as many as 2,000 have fallen victim to the audacious ovine poodle con, perpetrated by internet company "Poodles as Pets", which offered the animals at £630 a pop.

A police spokesman told The Sun: "We launched an investigation after we were made aware that a company was selling sheep as poodles. Sadly, we think there is more than one company operating in this way. The sheep are believed to have been imported from overseas - Britain and Australia."

In case you're wondering how on God's Green Earth you could mistake a sheep for a dog, the Standard explains that poodles are "extremely rare in Japan, with many people having little idea what they look like". No, we're not convinced either.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    And someone stole BrianCs avatar and wrote 'Brain' on it.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Oh my, do you really think it's Maddog? I do miss him.

And where's pF?
    pF was a class act. I last saw him on tulipe99.

The last time I saw anything from Steve was on TRL.

Oh, do you remember BrianC? Nutter. Turns up all over the place. Moves are afoot to get him expelled (again) from the old folks home, but I am not at liberty to say why.

Now, what about MsAngry - do you remember her?

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Did she ever need to take cough medicine?
    No but the piles applicator was a tight fit

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Did she ever need to take cough medicine?

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    If you've ever been to Pembrokeshire you'll realise why this story is true....

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Is that THE Steve, from TRL and PCG?
    Oh my, do you really think it's Maddog? I do miss him.

And where's pF?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    I loved the comment from Steve...

Is that THE Steve, from TRL and PCG?

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    how come tulip like this doesnt happen to me?
    And im a good looking lad.
    Ladies help me out.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    A teacher? I worry for the children...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I loved the comment from Steve...
    Wait a minute - that sounds just like the treatment I got from my football coach when I pulled my hamstring. He said the special cream had to be applied internally and that the only way to apply it was to take a hit for the team. **** it, I knew that leg wasn't getting any better

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    Hope this teacher doesn't teach sex-education !

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Thanks Threaded.

And a picture of the lovely fellow: http://tinyurl.com/2ugtuy

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    yes, yes, but did it clear up her rash?

or have I missed the point?

Leave a comment:

Working...