• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "what % of time......"

Collapse

• timh
    replied
    The answer is to bring a PortaLoo(TM) along, like any proper contractor.

I like to work at least 60% of the time, to maintain the 'edge' discussed further up. A few years ago I went perm for 18 months, and worked for an average of 2 hours a week - needed a long time to get by brain working again after that!

Leave a comment:

• Numptycorner
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Im partial to knocking one out at work when it's a bit boring. The disabled loos are best.
    Yeah, but you do it over the disabled person

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Im partial to knocking one out at work when it's a bit boring. The disabled loos are best.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Is poo time tax deductable?

One word of warning: going to the toilet is something permies do, so you could be inside IR35, if the IR take fingerprints off the flush handle or taps (which they probably won't bother checking for, as they scour this site for potential victims to send the clipboard lady to, and now know that most of you don't bother washing your hands). My advice is to best hold it in until you are safely offsite or at home.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Eh?!!! I've never understood this. Surely you need a tulip, so you go and you have one? Why would that take any longer than 30 seconds?!
    I think you're giving away a little too much info about your private life, SA!!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Well thats what I always thought (or possibly for a w*nk)...but he seemed to be saying that it physically took him 15 minutes?

Is this another one of them bloke things that people never tell you? (like yous also have up to 4 a day!)
    Nobody I know takes 15 minutes to have a wink Sally.

Unless you are having 40 winks of course !

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    You might not know this Sally - but many men go the lavatory not just to perform their ablutions - but also as a kind of refuge or escape from the workpalce - or at home from the nagging wife kids etc - its the one place they actually get some kind of privacy.

Think of it as a kind of meditation.
    Well thats what I always thought (or possibly for a w*nk)...but he seemed to be saying that it physically took him 15 minutes?

Is this another one of them bloke things that people never tell you? (like yous also have up to 4 a day!)

Leave a comment:

• Bluebird
    replied
    75-80% work, although VERY SLOW today.

Hoping for an upturn next week...

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    You might not know this Sally - but many men go the lavatory not just to perform their ablutions - but also as a kind of refuge or escape from the workpalce - or at home from the nagging wife kids etc - its the one place they actually get some kind of privacy.

Think of it as a kind of meditation.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    This is a great way to beat the censors! Start off by discussing something serious, then end up talking about bog times...and it stays in 'General'.
    Sorted!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Barriebazg
    It takes you an hr to have a crap??? I average about 15mins so £20 is a good benchmark
    Eh?!!! I've never understood this. Surely you need a tulip, so you go and you have one? Why would that take any longer than 30 seconds?!

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    I always endeavour to get my poos on my timesheet.
    In an accounting sense, or a physical sense?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    I have jacked in my current gig, highest rate for ages, because there is not enough to do. As a contractor my edge is to be able to work hard, fast and accurate. If I cant keep practicing that then I am offski.

I reckon I wont slow down till I'm about 61

Just a couple of months to go then

Leave a comment:

• PrinceNamor
    replied
    Originally posted by Barriebazg
    It takes you an hr to have a crap??? I average about 15mins so £20 is a good benchmark
    I don't put my arse on the toliet for anything less then £25.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Anyone posting on this forum obviously doesn't have enough work to do. I do about 1 hour a day myself. I actually enjoy those days where I'm busy and have worked the whole day and not fraternised on the net.

When I started here it was busy but now it's just tick-tock until my 8 hours are up. Have felt my skills suffer but I know I'll bounce back after.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X