• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Legal Requirement: Company Details on Emails"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Page 4.

Schedule 1 - Regulation 6.

<snip>

(4) After subsection (4) insert—
    “(5) References in this section to a document of any type are to a document of that type in hard copy, electronic or any other form.”.

Also those in the know say that any email that could be construed as a "business letter" will be included in this, and it's easier to put a blanket sig on than deciding which email is in and which is out.

Not explicitly stating email but that's it...
    Thanks Cojak.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Yeah that's the governments new approach. Invent all sorts of silly rules and regs then get the public to enforce it themselves by threatening them with big scary fines because they know it's unfeasible to enforce adequately without our help.

You keep sheepwalking sonny I'm too lazy to police myself.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    who cares if it is being policed, it costs nothing to comply and if everyone is doing it as I am noticing then you look a bit cowboy small time if you are not even following these basic rules

Milan in 'email sig and website updated' mode.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Exactly how they will enforce this law.
    Check every email from your company ?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Who's actually policing this and how effective are they likely to be?

Laws are useless unless they're enforced. I don't think I have to worry about the SAS kicking my door in because I've neglected some of these details on my website and emails.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I was under the impression that if you had a link to your website, and your website had the relevant required information your were fine...

I may be wrong though

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Page 4.

Schedule 1 - Regulation 6.

1.—(1) Section 349(a) of the 1985 Act (company’s name to appear in its correspondence etc) is amended as follows.

(2) In subsection (1)—
    (a) in paragraph (a), after “business letters” insert “and order forms”;
    (b) after paragraph (b) insert—
    “(ba) on all its websites,”.

(3) In subsection (3)—
    (a) in paragraph (a), after “business letter” insert “or order form”;
    (b) omit the “or” at the end of that paragraph;
    (c) after that paragraph insert—
    “(aa) causes or authorises the appearance of a website of the company on which the company’s name is not so mentioned, or”.

(4) After subsection (4) insert—
    “(5) References in this section to a document of any type are to a document of that type in hard copy, electronic or any other form.”.

Also those in the know say that any email that could be construed as a "business letter" will be included in this, and it's easier to put a blanket sig on than deciding which email is in and which is out.

Not explicitly stating email but that's it...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Thanks. I can see websites there, but no mention of e-mail.

I'm interested in the e-mail requirements here.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    The horse's mouth...

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractor UK
    Bit more info:
    Companies House: directors have new duties
    Businesses that don't declare on e-mails & websites face £1000 fines
    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003119.html
    Do you have an official link (Companies House, whatever) to the relevant legalese please?

I downloaded a 760 page PDF I found at the Companies House website and can only find 2 references to e-mail there, neither relevant to this subject.

Looking at the first page, it's entitled "Companies Act 2006 CHAPTER 46"

Gulp...

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    thanks Admins.

Say hello from the oldies to James and Brian.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Front page articles

Bit more info:
    Companies House: directors have new duties
    Businesses that don't declare on e-mails & websites face £1000 fines
    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003119.html

UK firms 'flouting company law'
    Limited company owners are falling foul of Jan 1 regulations.
    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/003111.html

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    Ï've told you before, less of it.

If you don't know the answer, kindly try to be quiet,
    you may even learn something.

Milan.
    That'll be the fecking day!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    I got this from SJD a while back...

"As of New Years Eve, clients should ensure that their websites, business letters, order forms etc contain the company's full name and its place of registration, company number and registered office.

These would normally be included anyway but now those who don’t will now be liable to a fine.

This may well also apply to emails, which can be interpreted as a "business letter". Therefore best advice is to ensure that all emails sent contain these details in the standard rubric at the end."

So yes, I have it all at the end of my emails now.
    I wonder if we should be puttnig it all at the end of our posts too?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    here it is:

http://www.out-law.com/page-5536

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X