• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK's Far right underbelly"

Collapse

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by RRH
    Has anyone noticed the radical right wing underbelly of this site or am I just being over sensitive?
    What on earth gives you that idea?!
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread16730.html

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    moderate your language please.
    Last edited by scotspine; 23 April 2007, 21:03.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    moderate your language please.
    Last edited by scotspine; 23 April 2007, 21:03.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    So you have three? Me too, a small almost invisible nipple below the right one. It's quite common apparently.
    It is indeed. Superfluous Papilla if I remember by Fleming correctly.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    So you have three? Me too, a small almost invisible nipple below the right one. It's quite common apparently.
    Is it the source of all your power?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    That's a bit like asking if one pyramid is bigger than another

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by RRH
    Has anyone noticed the radical right wing underbelly of this site or am I just being over sensitive?

Yes, you ARE just being over sensitive. That coupled with your other salient characteristic of being consistently stupid leave you open to ridicule. For that at least you have come to the right place.

Leave a comment:

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by jimjim
    "JimJim, I work with an Indian guy would was laughing about some work and said it was 'as cheap as chips'

Should I get offended and demand compensation or get him tried at the Hague.
    You seem to be determined to get offended on other peoples behalf"

The expression 'cheap as chips' doesn't imply an Indian is so inferior that he'll work for a bowl of rice instead of money.

You seem to be determined to find statements to bolster your ignorance of the context in which I posted. But I guess you can put chips into a bowl!
    Are you seriously trying to tell me it's gone up to a whole bowl of rice these days? Whatever you do, don't tell our dev team, will you...

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I.T. never claimed to be a bastion of intellectuals! Having said that, I've met some decent types (black, white, Indian, gay.....) in I.T. who I WOULD live next door to!

A classic thing I read on here a couple years ago was a reference to Indians writing code to take jobs away from Brits for 'a bowl of rice'. Throw-away comments like that betray gross ignorance and are very, very common here, even if only said in jest.
    That all depends on how much the bowl of rice is worth doesn't it? Besides, it is just an expresion which basicaly means cheap. Not disimilar to our posters and the ubiquitous "I'll do it for a fiver".

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    SA you are becoming a calming influence on this site. Thats good.
    Is one of your boobies bigger than the other ?

That's a bit like asking if one pyramid is bigger than another

Leave a comment:

• jimjim
    replied
    ?

"JimJim, I work with an Indian guy would was laughing about some work and said it was 'as cheap as chips'

You seem to be determined to get offended on other peoples behalf"

The expression 'cheap as chips' doesn't imply an Indian is so inferior that he'll work for a bowl of rice instead of money.

You seem to be determined to find statements to bolster your ignorance of the context in which I posted. But I guess you can put chips into a bowl!

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    So do most in IT in the UK.
    I don't think anyone here works more than 40 hour week

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Dont bite Jim!!! Dont bite...

SA you are becoming a calming influence on this site. Thats good.
    Is one of your boobies bigger than the other ?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Dont bite Jim!!! Dont bite...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I.T. never claimed to be a bastion of intellectuals! Having said that, I've met some decent types (black, white, Indian, gay.....) in I.T. who I WOULD live next door to!

A classic thing I read on here a couple years ago was a reference to Indians writing code to take jobs away from Brits for 'a bowl of rice'. Throw-away comments like that betray gross ignorance and are very, very common here, even if only said in jest.

JimJim, I work with an Indian guy would was laughing about some work and said it was 'as cheap as chips'

You seem to be determined to get offended on other peoples behalf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X