• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Plan B - what is the future?"

Collapse

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Duncan Bannatyne from dragon's den started initially with icecream vans. According to him there was 75% margin and he was earning 200k from 5-6 vans
    Hence why the mafia rolled in. Sell ices to the kids, drugs to the older kids, and guns to the parents. Not to be confused with icing the kids, drugging the parents and fitting them with concrete boots. I think that's where they went wrong, got too zealous.

Saw it all on that Peter Kay Mr Whippy programme.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    Dropshipping solves this problem. And I'm sure some of you developer types could automate the whole thing...

Someone tried that last week and sunk a tugboat.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi
    I've often thought about this as an eBay shop venture (no/low risk) but surely its less time consuming to sell small volumes of high mark up products than forever stuffing envelopes and parcels to make a £1 a time?

Dropshipping solves this problem. And I'm sure some of you developer types could automate the whole thing...

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    Which is the most likely to be a winner?

2. Luxury items aimed at the wealthy. Overpriced and elitist products.

Where's the money at?
    2. Those are the ones:

www.londonpaintings.com

although contractors will find that they are very reasonably priced.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    I've thought about that one as well but it seems all the vans are run by a mafia organisation... ever heard of 'The Ice Cream Wars'?
    Duncan Bannatyne from dragon's den started initially with icecream vans. According to him there was 75% margin and he was earning 200k from 5-6 vans

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    start selling icecream ?
    I've thought about that one as well but it seems all the vans are run by a mafia organisation... ever heard of 'The Ice Cream Wars'?

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan
    To answer the original question: #3. There must be a few ways to exploit the hype about global warming that nobody has thought of yet.
    start selling icecream ?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've often thought about this as an eBay shop venture (no/low risk) but surely its less time consuming to sell small volumes of high mark up products than forever stuffing envelopes and parcels to make a £1 a time?
    Find something electronic to sell, then you don't need to do any of that and just sit back and let the cash roll in. (Or not, as is more likely).

Even then, I don't think you can completely avoid having to provide some kind of customer service.

To answer the original question: #3. There must be a few ways to exploit the hype about global warming that nobody has thought of yet.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
    I suppose rare collectables are one avenue where you can control supply/demand to ensure bigger profits.
    That’s why I haven’t done it yet, you need to know what you are selling.

I have a mate who makes a mint selling old mustard tins, he knows sod all about them but his dad is a collector.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Red 7
    The main ingredient would be Sunny Delight.

Leave a comment:

• Red 7
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    What would your chav marmalade be like?!
    The main ingredient would be Sunny Delight.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I can produce a marmalade for every category.
    What would your chav marmalade be like?!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    I didn't think there were many products that you could still sell for a high markup on ebay. Seems everyone's already selling everything dirt cheap, adding profit onto postage and hoping some mug comes along that pays over the odds for something he could get cheaper elsewhere very easily.

I suppose rare collectables are one avenue where you can control supply/demand to ensure bigger profits.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    If you want to ensure you shift stock, sell at the bottom of the market, buy at the top.

Tony and Gordon

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X