• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any PCG people out there?"

Collapse

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    Don't tell me I've been going to the wrong website all this time! No wonder I don't use it very much
    Don’t tell me, you've been posting questions about whether it’s best to be safe and do it legally inside rather than getting caught outside and getting buggered by Gordon

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    That's twice you've used PGC instead of PCG, so it obviously isn't a random mistake. Is this a freudian slip that you belong to a Professional Gay Club or something?
    Don't tell me I've been going to the wrong website all this time! No wonder I don't use it very much

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I've been a PCG member for years. The difference is - on the PCG fora I'd ask for advice, here I find myself giving it with what I've learnt from there.

Here is more "fun" though. Whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    I'm a PGC member but I rarely look at the forums. I only look at this forum for a laugh, I think that the PGC ones would be the wrong place to go for that.
    That's twice you've used PGC instead of PCG, so it obviously isn't a random mistake. Is this a freudian slip that you belong to a Professional Gay Club or something?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I'm a PGC member but I rarely look at the forums. I only look at this forum for a laugh, I think that the PGC ones would be the wrong place to go for that.

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    on a serious note, I do find the PCG site really user unfriendly, and the whole member login utility is cumbersome, so I don't really go there that often

Leave a comment:

• cykophysh39
    replied
    You want pompous and over bearing answers go here!!

PCG

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
    This place is pathetic of late.
    That is a bit harsh. The sensible forums are quite good. General has been a pain lately.

Leave a comment:

• XLMonkey
    replied
    I use the commercial threads occasionally, but I don't use the rest of it for one reason: the user interface is a complete pain. Compared to this (and most discussion forums that I've dealt with), its difficult to read and contribute.

I did find that the moderation was a bit too strict as well - lots of threads halted and re-located when, to be honest, they didn't really need to be. But then, if you were involved in the lounge storm, you will know all about this....

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I don't know. Most answers on the PCG seem to attract the odd spurious comment as well. Someone posted recently that there seemed to be a virus in the Threads software that generated random answers to almost any subject - I think they had a point, but you could say the same about almost any board.

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    I want people to be pompous and overbearing in their responses at the PCG if they're spoken from a position of authority and education. The worst thing in the world is asking a question in a forum and watching the responses descend into nonsense, like this place always does. If I ask a question at the PCG I know I can ask it and expect an answer I can depend on. This place is pathetic of late.

Leave a comment:

• grammo
    replied
    I've just popped over here from there for the first time. Been with 'em since near the start. Forums used to be good, then crap, then OK, then more crap, then bearable. It's the regular lot that post the most, but then that's what makes them regular I suppose. There are a few ar$es that have re-appeared which was fun for a while but it's been raight boring for ages now.

Starting to value forum life more than insurance life (already covered by Accountant's scheme, FSB and Chamber of Commerce, so why should I?) from being there and wonder whether it's worth it any more?

Happy Days.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    The car lease special offer is rubbish. Even after the special PCG members' discount it was more expensive than most other lease outfits' regular price.
    Well, if any offer is crap then of course it won't be worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    It's not necessarily wasted effort - they pay for themselves I would have thought. Like you I don't use them, not yet anyway, but I wouldn't stop others from doing so.
    The car lease special offer is rubbish. Even after the special PCG members' discount it was more expensive than most other lease outfits' regular price.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone
    I've found the forums quite good and had some helpful answers. The discussion on agencies asking for passport details has been good for example.

The rest of the PCG needs an overhaul though - and quickly. The opt-in/out info is woefully out of date and I belive there should be things like business stationery offers and the contracts laid out clearer. Don't much care for money off car hire et al and such so I'd be happy to see these efforts being channeled into something more constructive.
    Actually you have a point there that I may take away for future use...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X