• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "May Local Elections Loom"

Collapse

• zathras
    replied
    The question ios

Do you vote for Labour so they carry on being complete idiots in the mistaken belief we still love them (I never did)

Or

Do you take your opportunity to give them the bl**dy nose they so richly deserve, but then they make up to what complete [insert-as-appropiate] they have been and then improve in time to inflict another term of New Labour on us.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Maybe they're taking the long-term view - The longer Labour have the opportunity to balls everything up, the longer they'll be out of power once the penny finally drops.
    Maybe they are old enough to realise whoever you voted for the Government always gets in i.e. more of the same

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot
    Maybe they're taking the long-term view - The longer Labour have the opportunity to balls everything up, the longer they'll be out of power once the penny finally drops.
    As long as the debt bubble explodes on Labour's watch.

If not, Mr Thicky Average Voter will throw his hands up in horror at what he thinks the Tories have done, and Labour get back in for even longer.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mictech
    Even on here some votes have been cast for labour, they must have rigged it! Can we have a recount.

Leave a comment:

• mictech
    replied
    Even on here some votes have been cast for labour, they must have rigged it! Can we have a recount.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Agreed (although I confess to being a long-time Tory man). Anything that weakens them is OK by me.

Leave a comment:

• BOBJ
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Where's the Anyone But Labour option?
    Thats me this year. Previously I've done Not Labour and Not the Tories....this year I'm just going with whichever is most damaging to Labour...scarily I think thats going to be the Tories....I've never voted for them before

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Where's the Anyone But Labour option?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I had a Lib-dem bloke turn up on my doorstep yesterday... on a feckin' bank holiday

That’s good enough reason for me not to vote for the inconsiderate bastards.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    started a poll May Local Elections Loom

May Local Elections Loom

I Couldn't Give A Sh*t / Don't Intend to Vote
    28.00%
    Vote Independent Candidate
    0.00%
    Vote Labour
    12.00%
    Vote Conservative
    28.00%