• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What do we know about Iranians?"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by larry
    "So it doesn't worry you that the Iranian PM has sworn to wipe Isreal off the map?"

"Barely a day goes by that one can avoid reading or hearing yet another Israeli, American or British warhawk regurgitate the broken record that Iran's President Ahmadinejad threatened to "wipe Israel off the map,"

...cites four different translations, from professors to the BBC to the New York Times and even pro-Israel news outlets, in none of those translations is the word "map" used. The closest translation to what the Iranian President actually said is, "The regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time," or a narrow relative thereof. In no version is the word "map" used or a context of mass genocide or hostile military action even hinted at."
    Wow...so how do you propose they will remove that "regime" without the use of force?

And what of the people who elected that "Regime" in to place in the first place? Will they also be made to vanish from the page of time?

Also, please advise who these so called pro-israeli news outlets are cause I guarantee you none of the western news agency are in any way shape or form supportive of Israel or its right to exist.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Burdock
    ...and further to the above, why doesn't every Iranian just run across the border into the path of American machine guns if they really think it would get them to Heaven?
    and there is the paradox.
    Many claimed Muslims will not actualy live up to what their religion requires yet they will squeel in protest at the faintest hint of anti Islamic behaviour.

It doesnt require all Iranians to be fanatic, just 1 will do.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Islam -> Martyrdom -> Virgins, servants, jewelled roof, flowing clear waters....

Any of that ring any bells?
    These radicals believe that to die in the cause of Allah will transport them immediately to heaven.

What makes you think they dont want to die?
    Might have escaped your attention but you don't see any Shiite (Iranian majority) suicide bombers for a reason, they don't agree with the interpretation (Extreme sunni one) that this is allowed or condoned under Islam.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    ...and further to the above, why doesn't every Iranian just run across the border into the path of American machine guns if they really think it would get them to Heaven?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Islam -> Martyrdom -> Virgins, servants, jewelled roof, flowing clear waters....

These radicals believe that to die in the cause of Allah will transport them immediately to heaven.

I don't think every single Muslim believes that. To succeed in his political career, and Ahminejad (sp?) has certainly done that, you need to have a measure of intelligence. And I personally don't believe anyone with much intelligence believes in the virgins and paradise.

I think these people instead exploit others, with paradise as their bribe.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I don't think even Ahmindejad (sp?) is crazy enough to attack Israel (bearing in mind the repercussions).

A nuclear attack would bring nuclear retaliation.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    I don't think even Ahmindejad (sp?) is crazy enough to attack Israel (bearing in mind the repercussions).

A nuclear attack would bring nuclear retaliation.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by larry
    "So it doesn't worry you that the Iranian PM has sworn to wipe Isreal off the map?"

"Barely a day goes by that one can avoid reading or hearing yet another Israeli, American or British warhawk regurgitate the broken record that Iran's President Ahmadinejad threatened to "wipe Israel off the map,"

...cites four different translations, from professors to the BBC to the New York Times and even pro-Israel news outlets, in none of those translations is the word "map" used. The closest translation to what the Iranian President actually said is, "The regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time," or a narrow relative thereof. In no version is the word "map" used or a context of mass genocide or hostile military action even hinted at."
    Not sure how you'd engineer the 'vanishing' of a regime from another country without it involving hostile military action; just ask them to pack their bags and p1ss off?

Surely the use (or not) of the word 'map' is merely quibbling over semantics?

Leave a comment:

• larry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    So, apart from hitting themselves over the head with shoes, what else do we know about them?
    They taste like chicken?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Mrs Pikey Scum next door is of Iranian extraction.

QED They are all bastards.

Leave a comment:

• miss marple
    replied
    A close (by marriage and now with a British passport - gained before the marriage I hasten to add) relative of mine is Iranian by birth. I asked her the other day when El Presidento of Iran was pontificating on the BBC news what she thought of him.

She said he's totally mad.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxamus
    i think this whole thing with Iran is a farse (..)
    Well that's hardly surprising, as they speak farsi.

edit, so there's less chance of Freakydancer missing it :

Originally posted by Freakydancer
    I had a one night stand with a bird from Iran (well, come parents were Iranian).
    Won't be doing that again.
    Why not?

Do tell us more of the gory details...
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 10 April 2007, 19:11.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I thought he was born in India? Dunno if to Iranian parents though.
    Yes, just looked it up, Iranian parents, he was born in Zanzibar, and went to school in India for a while.

So genetically Iranian.

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Just remembered something - didn't Freddie Mercury have Iranian parents?
    I thought he was born in India? Dunno if to Iranian parents though.

If only Freddie could come back from beyond the grave and heal the wounds, yeah...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X