• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Well, I made a decision"

Collapse

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead
    The album is a bit of a departure for me, I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel. I still have some stuff to write but I'll be recording soon with a Christmas release date.

I do actually feel kinda retired since I get to work at home and the load is light (SNEER).

Theres to much sneering on here for my liking!!

Congratulations Cliphead - let us know when the album is released so we can all run out and buy it and say we know someone famous After all, you'll need the cash now that you're a permie

Good luck with everything

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    Don't knock it - Plan C

Mine's plan C#

Different tune, same wonga without bashing the bongas, or the bishop.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    Sounds like a Steeleye Span retro covers album.
    Might not be far off there. I did a couple of gigs with Maddy Prior & Rick Kemp some years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Dispensable
    Hope I don't see you down the local market pluckin for some tucker.
    Don't knock it - Plan C

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    The album is a bit of a departure for me, I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel. I still have some stuff to write but I'll be recording soon with a Christmas release date.

I do actually feel kinda retired since I get to work at home and the load is light (SNEER).

Sounds like a Steeleye Span retro covers album.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Dispensable
    replied
    I'll be singing on this one with minimal instrumentation, kinda acoustic / folky in feel.

Hope I don't see you down the local market pluckin for some tucker.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    congratulations

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dunno. Us retired men of leisure sorts (SNEER) hang around here occasionally, but permies is a bit much!

Solo album? What sorta stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Well, I made a decision

Well, I made a decision

After 20 odd years contracting I'm going to take a permanent position with the music software company I'm currently with.

I've also just signed a deal to record my first solo album so Plan B is working out really well.

If y'all don't mind I'd like to hang around here although come Monday I won't be a contractor anymore.

Working...
X