• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The pussies are coming home from Iran"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Latest update...
    MoD ban on troops selling stories
    The Ministry of Defence has banned personnel from selling their stories to the media until a review of the rules governing the issue is completed.

Defence Secretary Des Browne said the review was aimed at making rules consistent across the armed forces
    Joined up Government ... Government by meedja...PMSL ROTFL

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    Yeh, easy to say from safety of a keyboard I know, but frankly it was pathetic. What about the principle (which they now assure us was the case) that this was an illegal kidnap in Iraqi waters? There were wider considerations than their own safety including the confidence that potential allies might have in us. Or the confidence that the British public have in their armed forces come to that. If they were asked to act against British interests in other more important ways, can we be sure they would not have done so?

There is an easy solution for those with no other interest than their own safety - don't join the armed forces. If these total wimps are typical of our navy personnel, heaven help us. The sensible solution would be to dismiss them from the navy and set proper standards for all new admissions.

PS
    As for targetting Iran, the prospect of that lot having credible nuclear weaponry and a delivery system that can hit Europe does not bear thinking about. Too early yet, true, but if it looks like happening I hope the west has leaders with the sense to take them out with EVERY means possible.
    I understood (can't remember where I heard/read it) that service personnel are now trained to agree with whatever their captors say. If that is widely publicized then it doesn't matter what they say.
    Sensible and pragmatic I say. There's no point trying to be a hero in an impossible situation.
    One just wonders why they were put in the position to be captured in the 1st place.

Re hitting Iran like a ton of bricks if they come close to the bomb - totally agree. However that is the final option. We should be making all efforts to subvert the current regime from within, as they are not at all popular with the mostly young population.
    Last edited by sasguru; 9 April 2007, 16:06.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Aye !

Well I dont mind being held hostage in Tehran for two weeks where by I would undergo the following tortures and sell my story to the press (for 250k neg)

1 Comfy Cushions

2 Internet Access Denial

3 Being addresed in a rather cross manner

4 Force Feeding of McDonalds cuisine

So - Where do I apply ?
    Aye. I need a new suit. On 2nd thoughts ....

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    If they were asked to act against British interests in other more important ways, can we be sure they would not have done so?

Now that is food for thought - the Ayatollhas must now conclude that the British Army - now devoted to money - would probably trade any millitary secrets for cash - in fact I wonder if MI5 is going to monitor the bank accounts of this lot - might be one or two irregular transactions going on.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh, easy to say from safety of a keyboard I know, but frankly it was pathetic. What about the principle (which they now assure us was the case) that this was an illegal kidnap in Iraqi waters? There were wider considerations than their own safety including the confidence that potential allies might have in us. Or the confidence that the British public have in their armed forces come to that. If they were asked to act against British interests in other more important ways, can we be sure they would not have done so?

There is an easy solution for those with no other interest than their own safety - don't join the armed forces. If these total wimps are typical of our navy personnel, heaven help us. The sensible solution would be to dismiss them from the navy and set proper standards for all new admissions.

PS
    As for targetting Iran, the prospect of that lot having credible nuclear weaponry and a delivery system that can hit Europe does not bear thinking about. Too early yet, true, but if it looks like happening I hope the west has leaders with the sense to take them out with EVERY means possible.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 9 April 2007, 14:55.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    The only way to put real pressure on the Middle Eastern countries is to remove the demand for their oil.

Oh, if only the leader of the "Free World" didn't have such a big investment in the oil industry then we might see some real change.
    Not really. In case you hadn't noticed, we have all got a big investment in the oil industry.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Aye !

Well I dont mind being held hostage in Tehran for two weeks where by I would undergo the following tortures and sell my story to the press (for 250k neg)

1 Comfy Cushions

2 Internet Access Denial

3 Being addresed in a rather cross manner

4 Force Feeding of McDonalds cuisine

So - Where do I apply ?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Profiteerring from desertion ?

They should be shot.

Shoorly ?

What shall we pay the Sellout Sailors
    Early in the Morning ....

if...

“Sir, there's 24,000 Zulu warriors on the horizon.”

“There's not point in trying, we better give up.”

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Profiteerring from desertion ?

They should be shot.

Shoorly ?

Early in the Morning ....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    What will the meedja reaction be?
    Ticker tape parade?
    MBE's all round for their 'conspicuous gallantry'
    Blair photo opportunity?
    Richard & Judy show?

Anyone think Blair apologised behind the scenes?
    Ah, it all makes sense now
    The 15 British military captives who were released by the Iranians have been authorised by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to sell their stories.

MoD officials claimed that the move to lift the ban on military personnel selling their stories while in service was justified because of the “exceptional circumstances” of the case. The hostages are expected to earn as much as £250,000 between them.

The story of Faye Turney, 26, the only female among them, is expected to be the most lucrative. She could profit by as much as £150,000 from a joint deal with a newspaper and ITV.

The MoD bracketed the hostages’ 13-day captivity in Iran — including appearances on state television by some to admit straying into Iranian waters — with winners of the Victoria Cross

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    "gift to the British people" is the kind of cock-suckig cr@p that wrag-head Iva Dinnerjacket would come up with.

Lets give a "gift to the Iranian people" and nuke the f*ckers
    Hahhaahhahaha...classic

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    The only way to put real pressure on the Middle Eastern countries is to remove the demand for their oil.

Oh, if only the leader of the "Free World" didn't have such a big investment in the oil industry then we might see some real change.

Leave a comment:

• Maxamus
    replied
    Its a good thing that this has reached a peaceful end.

Wheather they or Iran was in the wrong i dont know but i cant trust this labour goverment thats for sure.

As for the insults at Iran, well i think they are a bit out of proportion.
    They said they wanted a peaceful solution which they delivered on. I think it was UK's hard arrogant stand that delayed things a bit.

Iran has shown itself in a light which suggests that it will not bow down to pressure and "bullying" from the west. I think people originally thought they would roll over under pressure.

No doubt Bush will target Iran in his next holy crusade for oil under teh guise of WMD

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    What happened to military personnel only giving name, rank and number if captured?

How come they appeared on foreign TV giving details of their location and mission?

Where's the British stiff upper lip?

I think the idea is that you will end up doing what they want anyway so try to avoid the uneccessary beating

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    What happened to military personnel only giving name, rank and number if captured?

How come they appeared on foreign TV giving details of their location and mission?

Where's the British stiff upper lip?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X