• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is it now impossible to say anything"

Collapse

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Without being labelled racist or homophobic? It seems to me that if you don't follow the state approved line you are the equivalent of a holocaust denier.

Just watch question time these days, all outdoing each other to apologise about something relatively unimportant.

Yours Bagpuss

The racist, homophobic, holocaust denier (if all other argument fails)
    Nazi

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Yes you can say what you want, as long as you don't personally insult people.
    Twat!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    Strangely enough was reading about those very same chaps today having watched Jonathan Ross the other evening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae
    Guess he was on about "300"?

Yet another Hollywoodisation of history. I am also annoyed by that films inaccuracies.

If I was a Persian I guess I would be quite livid!

Good job the Spartans are no longer around either or I guess they'd be on the march already!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Are we talking about the Turks or the Iranians(Formerly known as the Persians)?
    Strangely enough was reading about those very same chaps today having watched Jonathan Ross the other evening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Is it possible to be laconic and politically correct?

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    ??Eh never heard those. Problem is when people can't use certain words/prhases they just invent others, eg "roys" instead of the n word. This is good because we can say the most awful racist homophobic things and nobody has a clue what we are talking about. Those carpet dusters - bastards , cause all the trouble in the world.

Thi sreminds of when the garrison down in the Falklands nicknamed the locals bennies after benny in crossroads. The top brass banded them from using this as the locals were upset. The garrison then called them Stills ..........
    still bennies

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    I'm sure we are all allowed to point out what an idiot Bagpuss is

Leave a comment:

• mictech
    replied
    I see, blame it on the pussies. You fourlegged racist.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    ??Eh never heard those. Problem is when people can't use certain words/prhases they just invent others, eg "roys" instead of the n word. This is good because we can say the most awful racist homophobic things and nobody has a clue what we are talking about. Those carpet dusters - bastards , cause all the trouble in the world.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    red sea pedestrains or the bog trotters

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bugger!
    FFS Get a room, boys!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    "That's homophobic, that!"

Homophobic my @rse. Don't be such a fairy!
    Bugger!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "That's homophobic, that!"

Homophobic my @rse. Don't be such a fairy!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Political Correctness was originally a good idea, more akin to not giving offence by having good manners. The point is that in a civilised society no one should face having to be insulted for something they can't choose, for example skin colour, disability, gender or (perhaps controversially, in the sense of choice), homosexuality
    When it goes so far as to avoid the facts e.g. black males committing most of the gun crime or Muslims being a bunch of deluded twats then it ceases to be a positive.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    The problem is Bagpiss, you are living a lie through a website. Thats all.

Bagpuss the SA Killer.
    Yes I am secretly in love with you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X